Forums Latest Members
  1. Dominic.warren Nov 21, 2015

I just picked this up. I was looking for a vintage Gold piece and this is what I chose. This is the first vintage Omega I have owned and wow is it accurate. Any help in the particulars would be great. My current collection consist of mainly Tudor and Rolex so I was glad to have found this little beauty. As always wear them in good health!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Northernman likes this.
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 21, 2015

Nice...

Welcome to the quality!

3. Dominic.warren Nov 21, 2015

A little bit more info. I would like to get this watch appraised so I can insure it. If anyone knows a ballpark value so when I get paperwork it's correct. That would help. I bought it from a friend who buys and sells watches on Craigslist and eBay. The agreed apon price was $500 but we do each other favors so he hooked me up. I feel it to be somewhere around $2500. My books don't show this in the solid 14k gold case. The only one I found was on eBay for like $5000 but it was 18k. I bought it as a head only but it is an awesome watch! Thanks for all the help.

4. Dominic.warren Nov 22, 2015

I guess judging by the response I might be labeled as someone just trying to suck info to re sell. I am attaching a pic of my current collection with my wife's too. I primarily post on the Rolex forum and I was told to come here to get help with this piece. So that's what I did. Any help in identifieng this piece would be greatly appreciated since it is a bit out of my normal zone. Thanx and as always wear them in good health!

image.jpg
  5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 22, 2015

The Omega Vintage list does not in fact list a solid gold case for this reference. There is a SS and the gold cap. Here's the goldcap link: http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14975/

I recently purchased a SS of this reference in near mint condition for $650. If you've got a solid gold it would be worth considerably more, of course.

Desmond's Constellation Collector blog is pretty well accepted as authoritative. Here's the link to his essay on this generation of Constellations:

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2010/06/omega-constellation-calibre-751.html

Dominic.warren likes this.
  6. sohail Nov 22, 2015

Good one

7. Dominic.warren Nov 22, 2015

Thank you so much after reading that great article I believe it to be a Referance 168.028 in 14k. It will be a great addition to my collection a cherished for years to come!

8. Dominic.warren Nov 22, 2015

Here is a close up of the dial just in case you guys see something I don't. Thank you guys a lot for all the help!

image.jpg
    flw, Jacquot, Difeer and 2 others like this.
  9. flw history nerd Nov 23, 2015

Stunning!! Here's a picture of mine - similar: IMG_20150905_163715013.jpg

10. Dominic.warren Nov 23, 2015

Vary nice your has a smooth bezel and the upgraded hands it look vary nice.