Forums Latest Members

SOLD Gold-capped Omega Seamaster Cal. 552 - $325

1. BenBagbag Nov 10, 2017

Dear OF,

This is my first sales post so if anything is incorrect please let me know (by PM!).

I'm selling a classy Seamaster (Ref. 14700) from the early 1960's (The serial 18xxxxxx places the watch at 1961). All parts are period correct (except for the watchband and buckle obviously).

Aesthetics:
    Dial is original. The "S" in Seamaster has the Coathanger styling of the late 50's early 60's. There is a bit of patina on the dial which you can see in the picture.The light on the crystal bounces on the edge of the dial in the pictures that may look like an artifact but it is not - see all the pictures to see how this one plays with the light in different ways.
    Hands are original and really shine! The black inlay on the hands is really sharp. Hardware looks good too.
    Crown is signed with Omega logo and is period correct.
    Case is sharp and where this watch stands out. The gold cap is really nice and is not flaking or corroding at all like I've seen on some examples. The case doesn't look polished but see pictures as I'm not an expert on polishing.
    Caseback has the sharp Hippocampus (seahorse). It does have a few marks from poor attempts at being opened in the past (see pictures).
    I imagine the crystal has been replaced at some point in it's life as I can't find the Omega logo.

Movement:
    The watch both winds when turning the crown and as the rotor moves (the automatic part). It sets time correctly and runs but it DOES need a service before use. The rotor has lost some of its plating and the movement is pretty dry. I believe a normal service will make everything run smoothly, but I'm not interested in guaranteeing functioning. I'm leaving it as I found it that way you can find someone you trust to bring it to.

I can send it with one of the brown straps pictured but they are used. I can send it on a generic black alligator style strap with a matching gold buckle if you'd like instead.

Please see pictures as they are part of description. As with any vintage watch, I cannot guarantee its future performance and I will not accept returns as I am raising funds to buy a different vintage watch with a date feature.

Any questions feel free to drop me a message. Thanks for reading and thanks OF for the space!

I am asking $325 for the watch shipped CONUS. I have no references here but have been here a while and hope to build my reputation!

Now for pictures:
    20171102_205417.jpg 20171102_205521.jpg 20170828_153454.jpg 20170828_153506.jpg 20171110_085440.jpg 20171031_204226.jpg 20171031_204233.jpg Backplate.jpg

Edited Nov 10, 2017
  2. jumpingsecond Nov 10, 2017

Nice one ben. Have a bump on me :D

BenBagbag and dan7800 like this.
  3. BenBagbag Nov 14, 2017

SOLD to a local starting collector. His first real vintage Omega (He got one of those "Incablocs" we despise).

Thanks for the space, OF!