Forums Latest Members
  1. decwright Dec 28, 2013

Came across a new unused Genuine omega box whilst out shopping today and couldn't resist. Came with outer box, manual, warranty card holder and was a very good price. Think the watch looks the part sat in its new box. Noticed one thing today though when cleaning the watch up, it doesn't seem to have any serial numbers marked on the back? Any idea why this could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 28, 2013

Omega watches of this vintage have the serial number on the movement.

3. decwright Dec 28, 2013

i did wonder that but when I tried to do some research on the vintage serial numbers I couldn't really find much..thanks :)

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2013

Don't know what more you would need:

[​IMG]

Straight from Omega
    gatorcpa

5. pitpro Likes the game. Dec 28, 2013

Tan white and brown guarantee booklet is from
    mid-1970's. Not sure but box looks like 1990's.

decwright likes this.
  6. decwright Jan 3, 2014

Had a spare hour this morning so thought I'd get started on giving the case back and clasp a polish. Still needs another hour or so but it's getting there. I Used Autosol metal polish, I know this probably isn't the best stuff you can get but its always worked wonders for me so can't really fault it. I think it's brought watch up well and it's definitely an improvement from how it was! Not bad for a 30 odd year old watch!

Before polishing

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

7. John R Smith Jan 3, 2014

It looks a load better, Declan. Autosol is fine for the stainless steel back, applied by hand. Be very careful with it on gold, though, it can be a bit too abrasive for that job

8. decwright Jan 3, 2014

Thankyou, I think it looks a lot better too, but as I said it does still need another hour or so just to
    remove a few light surface scratches. I'd never use autosol on the gold, can anyone recommend a good gold polish?