GMT 16710T vs 70's 1675

Sooo...I've been a member of this forum for years now... just need opinions on whether I should do this trade or am I blinded by wanting a different watch. Is it a fair trade? Am I missing something? It will be a straight trade... (I'm aware this is a first world problem lol).

I have a Rolex GMT 16710T in mint condition. I have all OEM bezel variants(Coke,Black, & Pepsi, OEM Super Jubilee!, and OEM Oyster). Pretty much everything you would want from a 16710 (except for the 3186 movement). Unfortunately I only have the box no papers.

The trade would be for an all original fully serviced vintage 1675 GMT with papers! By "vintage" I mean faded bezel, pumpkin lume, dial flawless, maybe a light polish(bevels still present), oyster and jubilee bracelet included. Oh and its my birth year watch lol.

I guess what I'm also looking for is opinions on value retention for either...

I'll load a pic... but just purely based on specs... any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi - can you post some pics, it’s hard to evaluate without.

In general, 1675 are more valuable than 710’s, specially if it has B&P.

If everything you say is accurate, it would be a very good trade. So much so, that I am skeptical. If any of the 1675 is replaced or mis-matched, things change dramatically.

If everything you say is accurate, it would be a very good trade. So much so, that I am skeptical. If any of the 1675 is replaced or mis-matched, things change dramatically.
Thanks for the speedy reply Dan and @ATWG! I'll make sure to review everything with a fine tooth comb. All these years of studying watches sometimes you need a little perspective. Much appreciated!!!

IMG_9240.jpeg

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9242.jpeg

I recognize this watch, I’d say if it’s an even trade I’d pull the trigger.

Dial has spots on the lume, case is not the best but overall it’s still a nicer package than 710s all day long.

If everything you say is accurate, it would be a very good trade. So much so, that I am skeptical. If any of the 1675 is replaced or mis-matched, things change

I’d also say so to let the papers away you. You can’t wear them. Evaluate it on the watches alone unless you plan to sell in the near future.

I recognize this watch, I’d say if it’s an even trade I’d pull the trigger.

Dial has spots on the lume, case is not the best but overall it’s still a nicer package than 710s all day long.
I truly appreciate your feedback! Thank you! I know both my watch and this watch are a win/win. It's always nice to have another opinion. I trust the seller as well. I've dealt with him in the past 😀.

I’d also say so to let the papers away you. You can’t wear them. Evaluate it on the watches alone unless you plan to sell in the near future.
So true! My other issue was that I don't wear my 16710 because I feel the current value is solely related to the fact that its in Mint condition lol. Not sure if that's sound thinking. I plan to be wearing the 1675 possibly as a daily.

So true! My other issue was that I don't wear my 16710 because I feel the current value is solely related to the fact that its in Mint condition lol. Not sure if that's sound thinking. I plan to be wearing the 1675 possibly as a daily.
If you have no intention of wearing it because of it’s condition and it brings you no joy as a static collectible- then time to move it along. But despite ambitions of daily wear you are just going to put the 1675 away becuase it’s vintage and valuable- then you are netting a zero sum gain…unless having that as a static collectible will bring you more joy. This hobby sucks sometimes.

If you have no intention of wearing it because of it’s condition and it brings you no joy as a static collectible- then time to move it along. But despite ambitions of daily wear you are just going to put the 1675 away becuase it’s vintage and valuable- then you are netting a zero sum gain…unless having that as a static collectible will bring you more joy. This hobby sucks sometimes.
Hahaha right?! So ture!! I'll for sure be wearing the 1675! I need to put my own scratches on there u know lol.

You can’t say that when evaluating this trade, the papers on the 1675 far outweigh the benefit of papers on a 16710. The papers in this case add considerable value

That’s just my opinion, heck, what do I know about GMTs.
Edited:

The papers impact the financials. But the ‘should you or shouldn’t you’ isn’t just about value. Particularly if he’s going to do the trade then sell the 1675 at a loss due to lack of wear, and have to add money again to buy something else.

You can’t say that when evaluating this trade, the papers on the 1675 far outweigh the benefit of papers on a 16710. The papers in this case add considerable value

That’s just my opinion, heck, what do I know about GMTs.
On that note, this may be a topic for another thread but do you think the origin/language of papers make a difference (i.e. Mexico, Japan, US etc...)

The condition is mediocre overall, IMO, but I still think it's a good trade as long as the dial matches the serial. Looks like a Mk4 at first glance, but you should check it carefully.

On that note, this may be a topic for another thread but do you think the origin/language of papers make a difference (i.e. Mexico, Japan, US etc...)
Zero impact.

I agree, zero impact, although individual buyers often prefer papers from ‘their’ country.

I still think even if an individual trade is favourable, it doesn’t mean you should make it, unless you specifically want the watch you’ll be receiving (or you’re a dealer).

The condition is mediocre overall, IMO, but I still think it's a good trade as long as the dial matches the serial. Looks like a Mk4 at first glance, but you should check it carefully.
Yes its an MK4 dial.