Forums Latest Members

SOLD Glycine Airman Vintage V

1. jankoxxx Jan 26, 2020

Hey guys,

I had this for a while now but Im kinda in the mood for a change even though Im really not sure what kind of change :) Im sure many know this feeling..
    This a sought after limited edition of 150 pieces and indeed it is not easy to get one of these. And in addition one of the nicest from the Airman line. You have all the good features in one package - 36mm case, 12h on top, purist version, WR200, screw down crown, reliable ETA movement, sapphire crystal, very nicely cut out asymmetric date window with the date copying the shape of the date window and also the wonderful grey/black degrade dial. Lug width is 20mm. The longer lugs make the watch appear slightly larger than 36mm.
    The watch is in a nice condition, just light signs of wear. Box and some paperwork is present. The box has some damage though.
    I would also like to point out, the slightly domed sapphire crystal currently fitted to the watch is non original. When I received the watch, it had a slight chip so I had a new crystal made . It suits the watch very well and it has AR coating on the underside (original one didnt). To make things interesting, I had an old contact at Glycine who was still active in the company, so I was able to procure a replacement crystal which is the same as the original one, so that will be of course included in the package in case the new owner would like to bring this watch in its original state. I didnt, because I just like the new crystal much better than the old one.
    As for a potential trade, I really dont know. I like vintage Omega for example. A Seamaster 120 might be something that would interest me. Perhaps something else... Just try me. Nothing too big though..
    Sale would be also a possibility.
    Given the fact that these really are very rare (in 12 years I have seen maybe 4 or 5 for sale) Im setting the value to 1700 EUR. Perhaps somebody might think that this is too much. But from the modern line of Glycine Airman watches this is the one that is really hard to come by and has good investment potential.
    Returns only if the state of the watch was misinterpreted by my description.
    I will be happy to answer any questions. And will provide any amount of pictures on request ;)
    Thanks,
    Jan

A482B1B6-8140-45AB-9219-2B788CFD26EA.jpeg 94CDFC73-ADBE-4FDF-AC8D-64265B403B97.jpeg 317C8A61-028A-4A2B-8766-FA47AF485378.jpeg 017765B1-30D9-4AB6-81DB-CE4383B13667.jpeg 678780F4-DAFF-40B4-8A29-D3D4703716FA.jpeg

Edited Jan 26, 2020
    Lonestar, RI Omega Fan and Dsloan like this.