Forums Latest Members

Glycine Airman movements and repairs

1. Aussie Jim Jul 6, 2017

i am considering buying a vintage Airman as they are seriously cool looking watches. I understand that there are different movements depending on the age of the watch, and I wonder whether there are issues that I should be aware of in relation to these movements.

One of the watches I am looking at is a 57 with a Felsa movement and the other is 70s with a Schild 2063. Are there parts? Are they repairable with ease?

I am hoping someone here has the knowledge

Thank you

2. Vitezi Jul 6, 2017

3. Aussie Jim Jul 6, 2017

Vitezi likes this.
  4. Tubber Jul 7, 2017

Vitezi likes this.
  5. Aussie Jim Jul 7, 2017

W@anker couldnt be further from the truth. Knowledgeable, helpful and generous with his experience. Thanks very much. I feel much better informed

6. river rat Jul 13, 2017

I got mine off Ebay. It has the later movement I think Schild. The main problem with them all is the hacking that's unique there is a hole at the 24 when you pull the crown up a wire the size of a human hair comes up and stops the second hand right at the 24. Most watchmaker screw that up through the years parts are no were for the lever and the wire that are the two main parts for hacking. Mine did not hack when I got it but I did research and found a good thread at glycine forum at watchuseek about two watchmakers one in Europe and one in the USA that worked on these were they got some one to remake these parts. I used the one in the USA Nevada watch repair on mine the lever was there so he had to replace the wire and serviced it. I got less than a 1000.00 in it. Link below about the hacking and the watchmaker I used.
    http://www.nevadawatchrepair.com/glycine-airman-service.html
    [​IMG]
    The wire had to see coming through the hole.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I bought this due to the unique hacking no other watch has plus the History of it being used by American Pilots in the Vietnam war.

Edited Jul 13, 2017
    Mouse_at_Large and Tubber like this.