Forums Latest Members
  1. Master Wright Apr 12, 2015

Not a true Omega in design IMHO & what are they doing as this is the third permutation
    of the 15k Gauss (master) calibre in a year ! .... oh well I won't be buying one.
    Unless you haven't already .... see here :eek:
    http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-omega-globemaster

2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 12, 2015

The blue and stainless I have grown to like, but still on the fence about the bezel. Worried about dings... Will not buy new, but would consider used. I guess we can see where prices are on used ones in 18-24 months.

Master Wright likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Apr 12, 2015

I think it's pretty cool. I'd like it even better at >38mm, but trends dictate size.

nlogax, Master Wright and noelekal like this.
  4. ctime3 Apr 12, 2015

I wonder how they will test the master co axial Aqua terra and seamaster 300 re-issue. Or will those not have the new testing?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 13, 2015

Wetworks and Master Wright like this.
  6. Master Wright Apr 13, 2015

Thanks .... somewhere in the back of my mind I do recall seeing an Omega with the datejust style bezel ,
    not a pure / favoured Omega design IMHO ..... & will the co-master-chron be the final 15k gauss incarnation ?
    who knows ::confused2::

Edited Apr 13, 2015
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 13, 2015

Once again, it isn't a datejust style bezel. Its a flat coinedge bezel which Omega used in the 60s, Rolex use a very different fluted bezel on the Datejust.

8. Master Wright Apr 13, 2015

Ok I stand corrected :) ... but I'm pretty sure it smacks of Dj to me (certainly) & others.

9. ulackfocus Apr 13, 2015

Why don't you take a look at the Constellation C-case models 168.027 and 168.029? That should push that silly notion of "DateJust" right out of your Rolex clouded mind.

10699_2-i.jpg omega509801.jpg

Master Wright and Noisy Nova like this.
  10. Lou P YaY! Apr 13, 2015

The Globemaster is growing on me too. Lots of Omega DNA there...we're just not all familiar with it. Urguhart stated that ALL models will be going Master Chronometer in the next 5 years (hopefully with the exception of the 1861). So fasten your seat belt, 3 cut-overs in one year is just the warm up.

11. Master Wright Apr 13, 2015

Yeah those classic Cs do look good & if the master co chron is the final revision for now then so be it.
    I'll wait to see one in the flesh .....I'm just back from Edinburgh where I had a brief look at the masters on display in
    Hamilton & Inches ....nice ;)

12. speedbird Apr 13, 2015

I don't like the font. Too flowery

13. ulackfocus Apr 13, 2015

It's one of the original fonts used by Omega on the Globemaster. Borrowing one of Kyle's pics to illustrate:

5731962229_94f58c0d74_b.jpg

14. Wetworks Apr 14, 2015

Aren't you glad you broke me in right and taught me all about what came before my Bond SMP?:cool:

15. ulackfocus Apr 14, 2015

Yeah, you turned out okay. :thumbsup: There was just that one incident with your signature and the wrong reference numbers...... :p

16. Wetworks Apr 15, 2015

Lol, I remember that! Well, since I no longer have the watch, my record is expunged.:D

17. ulackfocus Apr 15, 2015

Isn't that more like witness tampering? :p

Wetworks likes this.
  18. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 15, 2015

Ok here's my take on this whole Globemaster model line up, for a start there is no Rolex Dna in them at all! They are all omega in looks and design and let's face it Rolex haven't got anything that comes close to compete at the moment. The reason why they haven't used the constellation or Aqua terra line up is because they are creating another tier to their line up. This watch is on another level in terms of quality and price. They have used design styles from their older models to to firmly hold on to the family lineage but added very modern technology into their design. The bezel looks like a scratch ding magnet but is made of tungsten carbide material to prevent deformation and the medallion in the case back is a master stroke. The pie pan esque dial should have been more emphasised to be honest but I can live with that. The 39mm will appeal to most of the younger buyers but as Ulackfocus has commented a 36mm model would appeal to middle aged farts among us.
    I created a thread a few months ago saying is it me or is Omega upping their game in detail as well as quality, well I can confirm they have in spades. They aren't chasing Rolexes crown they are looking beyond it in terms of design, quality and price. Now this is a double edged blade because as the brand goes upmarket the second hand market will rise accordingly. This is great for the people with a large collection who are looking to sell in the future but bad for the likes of me (champagne tastes coca cola pockets)
    At the price this starts at its quite a gamble for Omega but considering how popular that bloody sm300 has been there's a good chance this will be another winner. I could be wrong here but after the seventies and eighties in the doldrums and a steady climb since the nineties Omega have the confidence to push things to a level no one thought they could.

Wetworks likes this.
  19. Master Wright Apr 15, 2015

I'm still not a fan of the G master as stated from the outset ... I'm obviously not pro Rolex
    & like to snobbish lay think that I take my horology a bit more seriously .... but I'm a bit disappointed that Omega have decided to launch the master chron with this range "again" IMHO .... I don't like the so / called coin or
    fluted bezel at all I'm afraid .... I used to admire Daimler fluted Grilles in times past but that's all I'm afraid :rolleyes:

20. speedbird Apr 16, 2015

I know, and I don't like the original either