Forums Latest Members
  1. danbrew Nov 27, 2016

I just bought a stainless Globemaster and selected the bracelet version. It was a real toss-up between the black leather band and the bracelet, yet I ended up with the bracelet. Being the kind of guy that wants both cake and ice cream..., anyone know if Omega sells the leather band/deployment buckle? Any pointers appreciated. It's a gray market watch if that matters.

:)

jB1128 likes this.
  2. meganfox17 Nov 27, 2016

The different strapping options available for the GM MC is right up @Longbow 's alley

jB1128 likes this.
  3. w.finkenstaedt Nov 27, 2016

Omega definitely sells strap/deployant separate. $280ish for clasp, $400 for alligator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foo2rama and jB1128 like this.
  4. jB1128 Nov 27, 2016

Was at the Omega Boutique in the Seattle area last week and quoted $280 for the deployant clasp, and the alligator strap (blue and black, not sure about other colors) for $400.

Congrats on your acquisition! How about some pics? ;)

5. meganfox17 Nov 27, 2016

[​IMG]

6. bmickdewey Nov 27, 2016

If you want to save money on the strap I recommend this eBay seller: vnhandcraftart. I've bought several from him. They are not the same, but for 1/10th the price they are just as good. Place the order...forget about it...and it will show up a month later.

Uniqez likes this.
  7. Longbow Dec 3, 2016

Strange. I missed this despite you using the "@Longbow" thing.

Anyway. The black leather OEM strap on my blue dial SS Globemaster isn't black, it's a very dark blue. I don't remember seeing a true black one, but the white dial model (130.33.39.21.02.001) looks like it might have one. I purchased an extra dark brown strap for mine but I have to say it's not as comfortable as the OEM one supplied with the watch, is less well made and has a different hole pitch so hard to find the right fitting (for me).

As for the Deployant clasp you could try one from Watch Obsession in the UK (£32.75) if you can't stomach the full Omega price:-
    https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/co...products/brushed-omega-style-deployment-clasp

There are also plenty of other straps that you might want to consider (ever thought of shark mesh?)
    Strapped for Ideas.jpg

Good luck

Longbow

Edited Dec 3, 2016
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  8. Benjo74 Dec 3, 2016

I tried on the white dial last week. The strap is dark grey.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Longbow Dec 3, 2016

Ah, so that explains the strange washed-out image on the Omega website...the strap really IS grey.

@Benjo74, I seem to have lost track of your original story...did you buy in the end or are you still looking?

10. Benjo74 Dec 3, 2016

It's a very dark grey, almost black but definitely grey.

I didn't buy yet - heading to Blowers in London on Monday to close the deal. Assuming all is well with the Globemaster, and assuming they don't change their mind on my trade-in, I hope to be posting a photo of the new watch on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahartfie and Longbow like this.