Forums Latest Members
  1. waterproofpt Feb 27, 2017

I recently picked this stainless Globemaster up from my local AD. I like the simplicity of it and the blend that it has between vintage and modern. I tried the one with the gold bezel and really liked it but found it was more dressy. Since I'm retired and don't wear suits as much ....... well ...... almost never ...... I felt the steel one would get more wear. I must say, if I was still working I probably would have leaned to the gold bezel.

IMG_2469.JPG

So ..... having picked the steel .... I ordered the OEM dark grey strap and deployant as an option. Nice.

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

And .... just the other day, I found this dark grey strap that gives it a more casual look. Again ..... nice look IMO.

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

Not the greatest photos I'm afraid. Done with my phone. Hopefully I'll do some nicer ones soon.

But I think the Globemaster lends itself to these different looks pretty well.

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

I have to add that when it's on the bracelet, it has to be the most comfortable watch of any that I wear on the bracelet. I think it has to do with the smaller links. And the weight distribution too I guess. Whatever it is, it feels fantastic on the wrist.

2. w.finkenstaedt Feb 27, 2017

Wow, I LOVE it on that vintage-style strap! I'm going to have to seriously contemplate whether I go for the 300 MC or the white dial Globemaster this October.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  3. waterproofpt Feb 27, 2017

I should add. I also looked at the blue dial version at the same time. That's the one I was leaning to before I went in. But the white dial just looked better on me. But ..... my son was with me and the blue dial looked much better on him than it did on me and better than the white on him as well. The salesperson and both of us agreed on that too. Interesting. Pays to be able to try before you buy.

4. jv91 Feb 27, 2017

this is my next buy...I really want the white GM

5. micampe Feb 27, 2017

My favorite current production Omega, in that configuration. I also feel that it's a very nice blend of modern with vintage cues. I only wish it were a bit thinner. Loved the bracelet as well, it reminded me of the one I have on this 70s Seamaster.

IMG_0309.JPG

ahartfie likes this.
  6. waterproofpt Feb 27, 2017

7. waterproofpt Feb 27, 2017

Here's an idea of thickness. It really does fit the wrist well. No problems under a dress shirt.

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2793.JPG

And the medallion is so cool !!

IMG_2791.JPG

8. munichblue Feb 28, 2017

Exactly this GM with the white dial is on my "make yourself a Christmas present wishlist" for this year. Never thought that this dressy watch would look so good on this vintage strap. Creates really a more casual look and makes it more versatile.

So I think it's all done and settled, I'll go for this. Thanks for your inspiration! :thumbsup:

Riviera Paradise and ahartfie like this.