Forums Latest Members
  1. rominvicta Mar 9, 2017

I find this forum an endless source of infoamd inspiration ... and to a certain extent a draining tool for my pocket. ‎Lately a certain itch called Globemaster found me somehow. Especially the steel version. Not without the help of you mates. Anybody feel guilty?
    Is there anybody who knows in full what is the hard metal scrtachproof fluted bezel made of? Scratchproof what meaning has? Is it really or Omega changes it free of charge every second year, just to proof it is unscratchable?
    And the blackend hands, star and logo are beautiful on the backgraund of the silverish metal lume of the dial. That is amazing. Blackened? What is the technolodgy to have it done?‎

2. Longbow Mar 9, 2017

The bezel is made of Tungsten Carbide. My Stainless Steel case has now picked up quite a few small scratches; the bezel however is still unmarked.
    See if you can find mine in this picture. A clue, it's the party gatecrasher
    IMG_4192.JPG

Jwit, Paedipod, ahartfie and 4 others like this.
  3. rominvicta Mar 9, 2017

Thanks Longbow. Delivered as promised by Omega. I've seen both the blue and white dial, so far inclined to latter as colour of hands, star and logo is in good match with the contrasting dial. Blue is also beautiful. What made you chose it?

4. Longbow Mar 9, 2017

Edited Mar 10, 2017
  5. EatMan Mar 9, 2017

[​IMG]
    Rocked GM today in a navy suit and white shirt. Always think how pretty the blue dial is. Still after a year.

This is an old picture and not from today. Love how the bezel, pie pan, sunburst dial, and markers all play with light.

6. rominvicta Mar 10, 2017

I will have to study the issue thoroughly or otherwise i will end up with both::book::.

munichblue likes this.
  7. Longbow Mar 10, 2017

Sounds like a plan.

8. rominvicta Mar 10, 2017

Yeap, a plan to be "accidentally" thrown out through the window glass by my wife ::screwloose::.

Longbow and munichblue like this.