Forums Latest Members
  1. gvids May 9, 2018

Hey watch people,

I am not a Speedie owner yet, but it’s coming soon enough. However I have to say, I have seen several posts and comments about the chrono seconds hand not zeroeing...what’s the deal with this? My understanding is that the moonwatch calibers are quite robust...if so this shouldn’t happen?

Cheers and appreciate the insight,

GV

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 9, 2018

Not zeroing is normally a sign that it needs a service bery very badly. More common is “Chrono creep” where the hour Chrono register creeps a bit towards 1 hour or so when the Chrono is not engaged. Also a sign that it needs a service soon.

The movement is considered very robust.

Mad Dog and gvids like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 10, 2018

Depends entirely on what you mean by the chrono seconds hand not zeroing. If you mean you press the reset button and the hands don't move,
    that would indeed be an indicator that the watch is in dire need of attention, but I've not seen any posts describing that.

If you mean that when the hands do go to zero, they are slightly off, well that not a movement problem at all, but a problem of how the hands are installed. Be aware there is a tolerance for how closely the hands are fitted to zero, so it's possible that the hand is slightly off and still within tolerances that Omega sets out.

Cheers, Al

rb10chris likes this.
  4. gvids May 10, 2018

Great info, thanks Al.