Forums Latest Members

GIVEAWAY - Is your birthday Sep 4 1950, or Apr 9 1950?

1. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 9, 2021

This came to me quite recently, and from what I can tell, "birthday serial number" bills are definitely worth more than face value -- but can I be honest? -- I haven't even bothered to investigate this beyond just being super turned-off by eBay listings. I don't care to try and sell it.

So instead... I want to try and give away this crispy legal tender to someone here who might have this birthday, or have a birthday very close to these dates, or has a family member with this birthday.

Caveats are:

1. I reserve the right to choose who gets it
    2. Anyone who wants to claim it has to PM me compelling evidence of a birthdate match or close match.

Evidence might be a birth certificate, a driver's license, or some other type of credible ID. Blur your address and ID numbers if you want, but I'll need to see name and birthdate.

It's a long shot, but there's no catch, no gimmick here. It would make me unreasonably happy to discover that someone here has this birthdate, and if so, then damn it, this is your Benjamin! I'll want you to have it!

IMG_4576D.jpeg

kkt, Tako Yaki, Spruce and 5 others like this.
  2. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Shoot I didn’t know this was a thing. Not for me anyway I was born after the Beatles broke up (that’s how I mark time) but I wonder if whomever claims that bill watched the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. Cool thing for you to do.

Tako Yaki likes this.
  3. Mafkees Jun 9, 2021

This is a hilarious and very attentive concept.
    Sadly (or fortunately, depending on perspective) this predates me by nearly half a century.

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 9, 2021

Like any rational human being would like that secretary of the treasuries signature? Burn the fucking thing. He can’t even use cursive. He printed his name.

rcs914, 3nicewatches and pdxleaf like this.
  5. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

I’ll take yours off your hands I’m not picky about dates either. If they bother you that much gather them up and mail them out it will be a cathartic moment

Mafkees, DaveK, noelekal and 2 others like this.
  6. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 9, 2021

Money is for spending. I certainly do not keep it under the mattress.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  7. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Well I’m with you I don’t think signatures should be tolerated I saw Barry Gibbs signature one time and was completely triggered, I can’t stand disco, darn it.

8. JwRosenthal Jun 9, 2021

They didn’t always do disco- they could get a little funky too

Vitezi, DaveK and Duracuir1 like this.
  9. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Darn I confess I like a lot of their stuff they had some great harmony I just don’t like to do so publicly as I have built this very macho image

YY77, Vitezi, Mafkees and 1 other person like this.
  10. TDBK Jun 9, 2021

kkt, Darlinboy, Walrus and 1 other person like this.
  11. pdxleaf ... Jun 9, 2021

Now you're Jive talkin'

YY77 and JwRosenthal like this.
  12. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Dude that’s pretty much all I do, that’s how I roll, it’s like I got night fever

13. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

I mean even if your not into disco you can dig this stuff it is of incredible talent to perform such vocal work

JwRosenthal likes this.
  14. pdxleaf ... Jun 9, 2021

You touched me

Edit: was it talent or just those incredibly tight pants (MY EYES ARE BURNING)

Vitezi, Mafkees, DaveK and 1 other person like this.
  15. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Oh snap I just listened didn’t even look, shoot can I delete it or is it too late?

16. pdxleaf ... Jun 9, 2021

You can never un-see that..

We have desecrated the OP's thread, a thread that was making a magnanimous and noble gesture. Our apologies. You'll never get rid of that 100 bucks now

YY77, DaveK and Walrus like this.
  17. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

Frig I am feeling deep remorse here the dude is passing out a Benjamin a very nice gesture and I completely ruined it. I will make sure tomorrow I make penance in someway and sincere apologies to the OP. I’m pretty sure that Dave and JW set me up to look like the bad guy here snd I fell in to their trap, I am such a watch noob.

18. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 9, 2021

I am only ever crestfallen over threads that display internal coherence!

So far, one member has come forward with a partial match (day and month). Let's keep this open a couple of weeks and see if anyone comes forward with an exact match.

Okay... back to your Bee Gees and the "too boo-koo" tight pants stuff...

JwRosenthal and Walrus like this.
  19. Walrus Jun 9, 2021

I’m going to the Bowery and offer someone a free beer if they can show me ID with that date on it, I mean we are all kinds related right so it would be fair

Schmedsc likes this.
  20. JwRosenthal Jun 9, 2021

I listened to Primus and Metallica and saw Trent Reznor in a small LA club when nobody knew who Nine Inch Nails was in the early 90’s....but this can still get me singing and crying in my car when I’m alone....no shame.

Walrus likes this.