Give me opinions on this Genève 166041 Cal.565 pls

Hello! I found this Omega Genève 166041 with cal.565 a few days ago, I guess it is from the late 60's or early 70's, but does anyone have more precise information on the year of production? does everything seem ok to you? how much do you estimate its current value? Thanks to those who will help me!

The serial number can be used to get a pretty accurate estimate of the production year, but it is hidden by the rotor in that photo. I suppose that someone could put a value on it, but personally I would just suggest looking for a better one. The condition of that watch is not appealing to me, and based on the condition of the rotor, you should expect some extra repair costs.

Both the dial and the case look tired on this one. Personally I would skip.

The serial number can be used to get a pretty accurate estimate of the production year, but it is hidden by the rotor in that photo. I suppose that someone could put a value on it, but personally I would just suggest looking for a better one. The condition of that watch is not appealing to me, and based on the condition of the rotor, you should expect some extra repair costs.

Thank you! the serial number starts with 340 and the watch was serviced in January 2021 and is in perfect working order, does anything change for its evaluation? could be
honest a price of €450-500?

You can use a standard Omega serial number chart to determine the production date if you know the serial number. Just google omega serial number chart.

Don't believe everything you hear about watches being serviced. Anything's possible, but I would be surprised if someone truly paid to have a watch in that condition serviced before selling it.

You can use a standard Omega serial number chart to determine the production date if you know the serial number. Just google omega serial number chart.

Don't believe everything you hear about watches being serviced. Anything's possible, but I would be surprised if someone truly paid to have a watch in that condition serviced before selling it.

The stall was from a watch shop, so he overhauled the watch before selling it.

This is mine and I was wearing it earlier. Mine’s in better condition and had a service by a professional repairer and a new crystal. I’d value it at £400-500 (although it’s not for sale)

2604D172-39AB-42E9-955D-4DC501A9D038.jpeg

upload_2021-5-6_15-41-13.jpeg

The stall was from a watch shop, so he overhauled the watch before selling it.

Ask him what he did to address the rotor rub? Better yet, just move on. The watch isn't worth a fraction of the asking price and really there's no reason to spend good money on a watch in that condition.

This is mine and I was wearing it earlier. Mine’s in better condition and had a service by a professional repairer and a new crystal. I’d value it at £400-500 (although it’s not for sale)

2604D172-39AB-42E9-955D-4DC501A9D038.jpeg

upload_2021-5-6_15-41-13.jpeg

does this have Genève or Genéve stamped on the dial?

I think it should be Genève. Also the font is a bit strange. I feel it is a redial.