Forums Latest Members

Girard Perregaux Incabloc - Back from servicing

1. jshaw083 Feb 10, 2018

Hi guys,

Just wanted to show you all my GP that I had purchased back in December. It's a 10k gold plated Incabloc. I bought it on Ebay. It's a manual wind, and was a bit stiff to wind, so I brought it in for a servicing. It's now winding perfectly, and keeping very good time. I also fitted it with a new strap from Cola Reb. Dial shows nice even patination, which is what attracted me to the watch in the first place. I also liked the style of numbers on the dial.

I realize the case has been polished, lugs have lost some of their sharpness. There is also a large nick/dent on the top right lug. Do you guys think the case has been excessively polished? I don't see much gold wear, there aren't really any spots where the gold has been completely removed.

I'm wondering, does anyone know how to accurately date GP watches? I've tried to look online, and it doesn't look like there's a readily available serial numbering system. Apologize for the quality of the movement pictures, they were taken by the watchmaker I had it serviced at.

Overall, I'm not looking to sell this again. It's one of my first purchases for vintage watches, so I was trying things out. But I'm interested in you guys' honest opinions about the watch in general, so that I can learn.

R106747.jpg IMG_4049.JPG IMG_4061.JPG IMG_4048.JPG IMG_4057.JPG IMG_4060.JPG IMG_4058.JPG IMG_4059.JPG IMG_4054.JPG IMG_4052.JPG IMG_4056.JPG IMG_4055.JPG
    viwa64 and Vitezi like this.
  2. IDXM Feb 10, 2018

Very nice, love the simplicity! Wesr in good health.