Forums Latest Members
  1. Rranger Feb 13, 2017

Looking for your thoughts. Dad gave this to me a couple of years ago and recently trying to place the year of the watch. Very special to me so the value is sentimental. I live in Chicago and I'm looking for a watch maker to clean and bring back its luster. Any recommendations would be great. I've googled Omega stores and there are a couple, or should I go with an independent? Thank you for you feedback. New at the forum so I hope this is correct.

IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. Ravineman Feb 13, 2017

Its a beauty ! I say its a bumper movement from the late 1950s. I have close to the same watch except my dial was refinished.

Someone here may be able to give you an independent close to you .... that's the way to go. Don't give it to OMEGA they will remove all traces of its originality and that's a no no around here.

Rranger likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 13, 2017

Independent. A couple of things not to do: Do not send to Omega. Do not let any watchmaker polish the case. Do not refinish the dial. There will be some posters who will make recommendations for service in the Chicago area. Unless you know when it was last serviced, do not wind or wear until it has been serviced. You don't want to break anything.
    Enjoy the watch. It appears to be Seamaster reference 14350 from the mid 50s. http://naligazone.com/index.php/data-watch/omega/caliber-3/cal-354/ko-14350

Etp095, JimInOz and Rranger like this.
  4. Rranger Feb 13, 2017

Ravineman. Thank you, great help.

Edited Feb 13, 2017
  5. Rranger Feb 13, 2017

Efauser, thank you. However I did wind it and she is working fine, based on my little knowledge of a watch like this. I will stay away from the downtown Omega store.

Etp095 likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 13, 2017

It may be working fine but please don't do any more until it has been serviced. Parts are out there but they're not as plentiful as a newer movement.

Rranger likes this.
  7. Rranger Feb 13, 2017

Absolutely. Will not wind again and start researching an independent. thank you again.

8. ajg1960 Feb 13, 2017

It seems to be a very cool old watch. I cherish a couple of old watches my dad gave to me, neither would be very valuable to anyone, but priceless to me.

On your watch, maybe it's the photos but does something look weird with the second "a"in Seamaster?

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 13, 2017

I'd say it's just aging of the dial thats lifted some of the print, same as the first "e" and some of the minute markers.

10. ajg1960 Feb 13, 2017

Thanks, that's helpful. Always learning on Omegaforums.