Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 20, 2013

This looks good, but no mention of if it is working, etc. also, any views on dial originality? I have messaged the seller also
    Vintage Genuine Omega 10K GF B& A, 17J Women's Watch w/ White Roman Numeral Dial: http://bit.ly/Zb6ttK

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2013

Yes the dial is not original. Does Mrs C care?

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 20, 2013

I care!
    How can you tell?

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2013

What kind of Omega symbol is used on the dial, The "Omega and Symbol do not look right to me.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2013

On further review I have to say, I'm just not sure. I can't give you anything definitive, so lets get some more input .

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 20, 2013

Hi steve
    at first I agreed that the logo wasn't correct, but looking at other watches with that caliber I do see a number with that logo image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

7. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 20, 2013

Respectable Member CanberraOmega

I would rather you get for your better-half, something that is uncommon.

When she goes out and friends start comparing notes there's when trouble starts. Then you will have sleepless nights.

I got mine a pendant watch and after many years, she is still very happy.

Thank-you.

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 20, 2013

While I agree with you in theory, she is a very hard woman to please, particularly with jewellery. Of all the watches I have shown her, the only thing she likes are these tank style watches, white dial, Roman numerals.

9. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 20, 2013

I consider you are lucky then, since she has already made up her mind.

Good luck and hopefully, she will be very happy. You will then be able to continue with your hunting.

Thank-you.

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 21, 2013

Ha! It took 3 years for her to find her current watch - a tissot quartz. She ha an idea in her head and took that long to find something that matched what she wanted....

Anyway, I've bought this one, so lets see how it goes!

Btw, type tissot and let autocorrect do its job. ;)

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 21, 2013

I think the dial is original (as I am a newbie myself probably not much weight behind it). If it is not original, than it is a damn good redial.
    Look at the minute marker, all are lined perfectly, the bold and thin lines are perfect, the swiss made looks correct spacing. The fat Omega symbol you have decipher with benchmark. I try hard to find imperfection in the dial but I could not.

Congrats on your purchase and good taste of your wife. I think her next purchase would be JLC reverso lady :D.

My wife choose another route, the bling-bling one. She had eyeing this late 60/ early 70 18K vintage lady Rolex precision watch for awhile. Today we pull the trigger and buy it. The gold price has dropped and the seller willing to give another 5% discount. A month a go they did not budge even for a cent.

RPL face 2 LR.jpg

12. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 21, 2013

Most important your better-half is happy with the purchase and will wear her watch in good health. Most of the time, a woman is happy with just one watch, to tell time. However the same cannot be said of men because a man wears a vintage-watch, not for telling time.

Tissot is a good brand-name.

Thank-you.

13. ozmega Apr 21, 2013

Tell me about it...I feel your pain there.

Funnily enough, occasionally my wife will ask for access to my collection when we're going out, and she always picks a stainless black dial 1957 Seamaster with grains of rice bracelet.

Obviously its a mens watch, but it looks nice on her.

14. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 21, 2013

Respectable Member Privateday7

Indeed it is a lovely watch, as long as, there is no after-market part on it. It is difficult to go wrong with a factory-original Rolex watch.

I am sure, your better-half will be overjoyed with her acquisition and wear it in good health.

Thank-you.

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 22, 2013

The movement and the dial I am sure are original. The rest I just hope the best because:
    (A) I know very little about Rolex especially vintage ladies'::confused2::
    (B) My wife would not really care about aftermarket and original :thumbsdown:, when I ask whether she consider to sell it in the future, she said 'No I will give it to our daughter'. No more argument.

16. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 11, 2013

This is what I got her
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368248659.935479.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368248675.176603.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368248675.176603.jpg
  17. Mothra May 11, 2013

You said she wanted a tank. Looks lovely....

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 11, 2013

Very nice little watch, an Omega with a bit of Cartier flavour thrown in.

Don't tell her how much it was but just smile and tell her "it's not how much it was, it's only how much you like it!".

That way she may start to forget "discovery day".............

I said may

;-)

19. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 11, 2013

Actually remarkably cheap! As we know women's omegas don't sell for much, and while this had the looks of a Cartier, it definitely didn't have its price tag!

SpikiSpikester likes this.