Getting my feet wet with a SMP

Posts
4,077
Likes
8,773
Next purchase, try using "Girl Math" since it seems women understand perfectly how to justify spending which defies logic 馃ぃ

Not sure how it happened but the last time my wife practiced girl math I wound up with an SMP. Wish I could share the secret of how I did that!
 
Posts
204
Likes
70
If you wear the watch it will get scratched, I promise you. And the first time will be heartbreaking. Here鈥檚 how I think about it.

It鈥檚 a luxury watch and for many of us a serious purchase that makes us a little uneasy鈥攖hat鈥檚 part of what鈥檚 exciting about owning such a thing. But if you take a step back and think objectively about it, you鈥檒l see that these are mass produced objects that aren鈥檛 at all rare or hard to replace or fix. Really, in the grand scheme of luxury watches, these are nothing at all special in terms of the quantity produced, or the quality or materials of production. I鈥檓 not dinging my favorite brand here; just saying, it鈥檚 ok to enjoy these things. You鈥檙e not scratching a one of a kind platinum Patek here. (Think Volvo, not Bugatti.)

The special thing that you鈥檙e actually preserving isn鈥檛 the easily replaced object, it鈥檚 your relationship with it. And that鈥檚 not compromised by a scratch鈥攊t鈥檚 commemorated by one. Wear. Scratch. Make memories. Then leave it to someone who will treasure every scratch as a legacy of you. The watch is just a metal thing for which you overpaid.
Well said.
 
Posts
204
Likes
70
I'm not particularly careful with my daily wear watches. The double AR has not been any kind of problem at all for me on my SMP.
That is good to know.
 
Posts
11
Likes
43
If you wear the watch it will get scratched, I promise you. And the first time will be heartbreaking. Here鈥檚 how I think about it.

The special thing that you鈥檙e actually preserving isn鈥檛 the easily replaced object, it鈥檚 your relationship with it. And that鈥檚 not compromised by a scratch鈥攊t鈥檚 commemorated by one. Wear. Scratch. Make memories. Then leave it to someone who will treasure every scratch as a legacy of you. The watch is just a metal thing for which you overpaid.
Very well said, all of it. I subscribe to this thinking 100%.