Forums Latest Members

Gerard Perragaux - Ebay Offer - Would ya?

1. redpcar Dec 28, 2016

Ok, so I bought a broken Omega on ebay for a buy it now at $75. Originally for parts for another watch. Turns out that it was more of a basket case where somebody took it apart and didn't put it together correctly. I googled the name on the back and the original owner had died in 2015 and was an Army Engineer at Normandy in WWII. Didn't have the heart to part it out so I put it back together. Don't recognize the company logo. Watch is pretty easy to date at 1974 ;-) Appreciate any help you can provide Identifying the company.

Well, fast forward a few weeks and I am contacted by the same seller to offer me a GP from the same era for $125. "Runs but stops". Can't make out the name on the back but same company logo on the front. Curious. :confused: Looks like a different name on back and 1978? Pictures provided of the GP are spotty. I'm holding off replying for better pics as I don't want to provide a "buy" signal yet.

Here is what I am asking for guidance: I have many Omegas in need of parts (I'm cheap and a bottom dweller) so I see value. I have no GP's (currently) nor do I have that much interest in the brand other than the respect of the history and quality. Is this worth it? No clue what the movement would be inside so I may not have any spares.

Any help or guidance provided is greatly appreciated.
    Omega Geneve.jpg Omega Geneve Back.jpg GP.jpeg GP2.jpeg GP3.jpeg GP4.jpeg