Forums Latest Members
  1. perlunk Apr 29, 2018

Hi, I was hoping for an advice for this strap. I've been looking for such a strap for my vintage Speedmaster for quite a while, but it should be genuine. Could anybody say if this is a genuine vintage Omega strap and buckle? The buckle has no Logo or any writings on it.
    If so, any information on the original watch that it belonged to? Any price advice?

Thanks for your help!

1.jpg 2.jpg

davy26 likes this.
  2. roadsternet Apr 29, 2018

i mean the buckle has every time a Omega logo on it.
    Here a photo from the 1973 catalog it comes from old-omegas webside

p1213.jpg
    davy26 and perlunk like this.
  3. bjhove Apr 29, 2018

The strap seems to be an original Omega Corfam Rallye Strap (made of artificial leather). Many watches from the 60-70' era came with those kind of straps, but nowadays they are really hard to source. Yours looks like NOS condition. Congrats! Though the buckle is incorrect. Missing both manufacturers stamp (on the inside) and the Omega logo.

perlunk and WhatYourWatchSay like this.
  4. perlunk Apr 30, 2018

Thank you very much! That helps!

5. perlunk Apr 30, 2018

Okay ... I'll try to find an original vintage buckle for the strap. Hope that it's easier to find the buckle than the strap as it wears out more than a buckle.

The strap is in really good condition. As it's very old I'm afraid that it might get cracks once wearing it.
    Is there a method to prevent this? Use oil, wax or silicone or something?

6. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Apr 30, 2018

Just wondering - if it is 'old' there is indeed a likelihood that it might deteriorate quickly once in everyday use.

I do understand the 'cerebral drive' for the strap to be vintage too, but, from a practical viewpoint , there's a lot to be said for adopting something similar but new, with the advantages of good materials and a better feeling of security that it won't fail, perhaps leading to your precious watch being damaged. I use a Di-Modell RALLYE on my Speedy - it looks good to me and is such good value that one could easily replace it regularly if immaculate condition is always wished for.
    smlTZ01.jpg

7. perlunk Apr 30, 2018

@davy26 Yes, I can understand your point of view and I've looked at the Di-Modell many times before. It makes sense, yes.
    Nevertheless, I'm very vintage driven and I might cautiously try the old vintage strap. If I see indications of cracks, I would definitely take it down.