Forums Latest Members
  1. sewswedish Mar 25, 2013

Hello Omega enthusiasts! I am hoping some of you can help me correctly identify this watch. I have scoured the Internet looking for information on it and have only found one photo/description which exactly matches this watch and that was in a German Omega catalog from the 80's. It belonged to my late husband so I can't ask him about it. I also have a Ladies' Omega watch which he gave to me about 10 or 15 years ago and I cannot find any information on that one, other than what I have found on the watch itself.

I would like to sell both of them, but I do not know very much about their possible value and I don't want to be taken advantage of. I am hoping someone here can advise me. I have contacted Omega and so far, they have not gotten back to me.

Here is what I have found on the Polaris:
    International collection: 1988
    Movement: Quartz electronic analogic
    Caliber number: 1441, 6 jewels, Central sweep second hand
    Functions: Date
    Case: 18k Gold with titanium inlays in the housing
    Case back: Press-in
    Dial: Champagne with luminous hour markers and luminous "stick" hands.
    Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire
    Bracelet: Gold/Titanium(integrated)
    Water resistance: 30 meters
    Serial #:
    The numbers on the inside back of my watch are 396.1022 and 396.1222. According to Omega's website those numbers are for a Polaris which has a stainless steel bracelet and solid gold bezel. 396.1222 has day & date and chronometer. Mine has just the date.
    The closest one I could find to my husband's on Omega's website vintage watch search was 396.1121. However, that one has a titanium case with gold inlays. Mine is gold with titanium inlays. Also, 396.1121 has a titanium bracelet. Mine is 18k gold with titanium inserts in the bracelet.

For the Ladies' watch, this is all I know:
    The numbers I found on the inside back of the watch are AA7831 and 21149.
    14k gold
    17 jewels
    485 movement
    Serial #34083363

I am including pictures of both watches and the German Omega catalog. Since it is in German, and I do not speak German, I used Google Translate. In case some of you also do not speak German, here is the translation (I have no idea how accurate it is!):

Titan und Gold: Raumfahrt--Technologie und kostbare tradition

TitaniumandGold: Space -Technologyandprecioustradition

Omega Seamaster. Titan, der Werkstoff der Zukunft, und Gold, das Metall der Ewigkeit, in traditioneller Intarsientechnik vereint. Eine Uhr wie aus einer anderen Welt. Sie fuhlt sich an wie Samt, schimmert wie reine Seide und tragt sich fast schwerelos.

Titan mit 18 Karat Gold-intarsien im Gehause und 18 Karat Goldgliedern im Band, entspiegeltes Saphir-glas, verschraubt Krone, wasserdicht bis 120 Meter. 18 Karat Gold mit Titan-intarsien im Gehause und Titangliedern im Band, Saphirglas, wasserdicht bis 30 Meter.

Alle hier abgebildeten Modelle sind auch mit Diamant-Zifferblatt erhaltlich.

Geschutzne Modelle

Omega Seamaster. Titanium, the material of the future, and gold, the metal of eternity, combines traditional marquetry technique. A clock like from another world. It feels like velvet, shimmering silk-like and carry almost weightless.
    Titan with 18-carat gold-inlaid in the housing and 18 carat gold members in the band, sapphire glass, screwed crown, water resistant to 120 meters. 18 carat gold with inlaid in titanium and titanium housing members in the band, sapphire crystal, water resistant to 30 meters.
    All styles shown here are also obtainable with diamond dial.
    Geschutzne models

Modell 260324 8500 deutsche Marks Model 260324 8500 German Marks

Gold 18 Karat Gold 18 carats

mit Titan Intarsien im Gehäuse with titanium inlays in housing

und Titangliedern im Band and Titanium members in the band

wasserdicht waterproof

Saphirglas sapphire Glass

Modell 260334 9700 Deutsche Marks Model 260334 9700 German Marks

mit Diamant-Zifferblatt with diamond dial

IMG_5125.jpg IMG_5128.jpg IMG_5132.jpg IMG_5134.jpg IMG_5137.jpg IMG_5175a.jpg IMG_5178a.jpg p3.jpg pricelist2.jpg IMG_5067.jpg IMG_5068.jpg IMG_5076.jpg IMG_5082.jpg IMG_5083.jpg IMG_5084.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2013

The ladies watch isn't all that special but the mens is a Polaris, which is kind of cool. The VAST majority of them are all titanium with a little bit of gold inlay, yours is the rather uncommon all gold with titanium inlay version which carries a significant price premium over the regular ones. The value of it is probably about the weight of the gold + 10% or so but its a very cool piece of 1980s Omega history made even cooler by the bracelet.

Sorry to hear about your husbands passing, but he definitely had some rather good taste in watches, back in the 1980s wearing one of these would have looked awesome!

3. sewswedish Mar 26, 2013

Thank you for the information and condolences. He had good taste in everything...watches, guns, coins, knives. Oh, and me. lol

4. ANALOGUE Jan 8, 2022

I know I am bumping a super old thread…. But I have been checking this tread in general and that Polaris in particular many times now… I love Polaris and have a somewhat uncommon version myself in titanium and Palladium with factory set diamond dial.
    AF8B7E62-9271-4106-A4D8-29B11194F0AF.jpeg
    If you by any chance read this and consider selling it I would like to buy.