Forums Latest Members
  1. Wopanese Sep 5, 2018

I'm tempted to buy this Geneve because it looks unusual to me, especially the striped hands. Also, the oversized Roman numerals appeal to me. I've spent the last couple of days researching the internet for similar Geneves without any success (first sign that it's fake or franken?). First, I have never seen striped hands like these on a vintage Omega during my research. Secondly, Cal 286 seems to be associated with the Seamaster 30. Also, no reference number exists on the case back. Are there instances where Omega did not include reference numbers? Seller is asking $170.00 Thank you in advance for any advice you can share to a novice vintage Omega collector!

Geneve_1.JPG Geneve_2.JPG Geneve_3.JPG Geneve_4.JPG Geneve_5.JPG
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 5, 2018

It's a bit of a dog.

Where is it coming from?

3. Wopanese Sep 5, 2018

Bit of a dog, indeed...but maybe with a little Polywatch and *a lot* of elbow grease for starters?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 5, 2018

Polywatch will not remove the awful redial nor replace the grotesque hands.
    The movement has had a very hard life and who knows what further surprises it holds.
    The outer caseback photo doesn't look like an Omega to me, and the inner caseback shot is just as suspect.

I wouldn't touch it with ................... well, you know the saying.

felsby likes this.
  5. Wopanese Sep 5, 2018

Thank you for your advice, JimInOz.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2018

I don't think the movement belongs to that case either.

A complete pile of shit, whatever parts which might be salvageable aren't even worth the asking price.

felsby and propervinyl like this.
  7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2018