Forums Latest Members

Geneve brand : what can you tell about it?

1. aggie Oct 25, 2021

Hi! I have recently read on this forum that Geneve has been an Omega brand (nothing to do with the Geneve collection)
    May I ask more information about it? The reason is below! I have opened it, but it opens on the dial side, I didn't dare to go further...Thank you
    ps: second one is opened.

20211025_215310.jpg 20211025_215218.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 25, 2021

I haven't researched the "GENEVE" brand as shown here, but I do know they are nothing to do with Omega.

There are thousands of watches produced by various watch factories that made "blanks" and either branded them for buyers to be sold as their own brand, or sold them to "watch companies" who branded the dials and sometimes the movements.

Other "watch companies" purchased ebauches from one company (e.g.: A Schild), and cases hands and dials from specifically related factories and assembled their "brand".

aggie likes this.
  3. aggie Oct 26, 2021

Thank you. But someone competent on this forum said that, not a long time ago. Can't remember who, though... It would be interesting if this forum member could see my thread! I am just curious...! Nothing to do with the value, which I don't care, it is a vintage family watch, no intention to sell it ! Money is not my purpose in my interest to watches. But history and sometimes, love affair(s)....

4. Zapatta Oct 26, 2021

@JimInOz is more then competent for this matter. Like said, Geneve marked watches have nothing to do with Omega watches.

aggie likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 26, 2021

Here is the thread you may be referring to.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/please-help-identify.129228/

aggie likes this.
  6. aggie Oct 26, 2021

All right! Thank you! I have always find it odd to have "Geneve "on this watch and nothing more!

7. aggie Oct 26, 2021