Forums Latest Members

Gene Cernan "last man on the moon"

1. jcmartinez98 Apr 5, 2016

great documentary if you're into that kind of thing

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what he's wearing in these relatively low quality screen grabs?

The 2nd one is clearly a moon watch, but is it gold? Or the bronze 45th? Or some special astronauts only?

Movie released in 2016 and took five years to make... image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. kurtj29 Apr 5, 2016

I rented the movie on iTunes. It was OK, a little boring. I wish they concentrated more on the actual mission.

Edit - Let me clarify - the movie was worth the iTunes rental and I am glad I watched it. It was good. It is a character study and story about the cost to his family of him being an Astronault and his life after the mission as well as before. A good story. I recommend it, it's not a Jason Bourne action movie but great info about the most significant time in our most recent history.

Edited Apr 7, 2016
    jcmartinez98 likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Apr 5, 2016

An X-33 and a Speedmaster Broad Arrow cal. 3313? Looks slightly browish and has crosshairs in the seconds register...

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 5, 2016

Isn't that one of the gold NASA only ones? I seem to remember a set of 50 was made and only given to NASA staff. I forget where I read about them.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2016

Lou P, sky21 and jcmartinez98 like this.
  6. SeanO Apr 6, 2016

they're touring this aren't they?

I recall seeing some advertising for November here in Perth?

7. TLIGuy Apr 6, 2016

Captain Eugene Cernan (Gemini 9, Apollo 10 and 17) will be traveling around the country for the Australian premier of his film, "The Last Man on the Moon." He will be live on stage introducing and then discussing the film, his life and extraordinary career with Q&A, hosted by Dr. Lisa Harvey-Smith will be held in;
    • Perth on May 27
    • Carnarvon on May 28
    • Sydney on May 30
    • Melbourne on May 31
    • Canberra on June 2
    Tickets will be on sale soon through Ticketmaster Australia.

8. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 6, 2016

Well done SeanO. ;)
    TLIGuy beat me to the dates. :thumbsup:

There are "meet and greet" opportunities at each event (except Carnavon) at approx $500 per ticket.

From the organisers, on facebook:

" the meet and greet package includes a signed poster by Gene. As you will appreciate if you have 50 people in line it's time consuming pre show hence we have to move things along. Gene is a very generous man. Yes ask a question but understand every one in the meet and greets wants a moment and of course we don't want to tire Gene out pre show. The poster signed by itself as you would know fetches a hefty price on Ebay for instance and with all the other inclusions the price is very reasonable - meet Gene, signed poster, DVD of film , show program, photo with Gene, so a great package."

For $72 I'd be happy to be there and hear him speak.
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like Gene is coming up to Brisbane :( and it's not a great time for me to go off on a trek :oops:

Hopefully someone will get a WRUW picture with Gene up on the forum. :cool:

9. TLIGuy Apr 6, 2016

Just put up. Hopefully this won't impact his Astralian dates.

Due to a sudden health concern, Capt. Gene Cernan is no longer able to travel to the UK. This comes as a huge disappointment to all of us, not least Capt. Cernan, who had been looking forward to promoting the film to a UK audience. We hope that he will still be able to join us via satellite for the live Q&A on Monday 11th April and we’ll keep you posted as we have news.

We’re sure you will join us in wishing him a speedy recovery.

phillipniles likes this.
  10. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 6, 2016

Amen to that.

11. larryganz The cable guy Apr 7, 2016

I bought and watched this a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. It was a little slow, but informative. I didn't notice the watches.

kurtj29 likes this.
  12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 8, 2016

:eek: Is this a banning offence?

oddboy and larryganz like this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 8, 2016

:eek: No Darwin

14. SamQue Apr 11, 2016

Capt. Cernan wearing his X-33 while signing a piece of artwork for me. Every time I have seen him, he is wearing this watch.

image.jpeg