Forums Latest Members
  1. nightowl Dec 5, 2015

So, I'm going skiing and thought I'd book a night or two in Geneva. I realized that the Museum of Horologi was in Chaux-de-Fonds, so that's way too far. I should visit the Patek Philippe Museum of course. Is there anything else, like perhaps some small not very well knows place I should check out? I probably won't be going shopping though.

2. alam Dec 5, 2015

If your stay is over the weekend, check out the flea market (if open), just a few blocks away from the PP Museum. I was there this summer and there was a vendor (a fellow from Spain) who had a nice assortment of [some untouched] vintage Omegas. Another neat place to visit is the Russian Church http://www.sacred-destinations.com/switzerland/geneva-eglise-russe - hopefully by now all scaffolds are out of the way.

Try the lamb burger and desserts at La Petite Restaurant

P.S. the PP Museum is a must, save at least two hours and take the complimentary tours...

IMG_1998.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2004.JPG
    Edited Dec 5, 2015
  3. nightowl Dec 6, 2015

Nice! Will try the burger, and PP. I won't be there over the weekend though. Should I try to check out some vintage watch shops, or are they ridiculously overpriced in general?

And that Omega was really untouched. The crown seems to be so worn it almost must be the original one? Plus love your clean GMT!

alam likes this.