Forums Latest Members
  1. starssuck Aug 23, 2017

Hello all!

I just picked up what looks to be a fantastic condition Genève from 1968, based on the catalog. I think the dial may have been retouched but I am not especially concerned-it was a good deal on a great looking watch that I don't really plan to sell.

That said, I was wondering if anyone had any info on this generation of genèves. My understanding is that this was during the transitional period between the Seamaster hence the almost identical shape. Also the movement (Cal 565) is apparently quite good and durable and was not used in later Genèves. This dial does not say Seamaster (this was not expected) but I've heard this model referred to as a Genève Seamaster, possibly just because of the WR rating or shape.
    I'm kinda new to the vintage Omega game but I have done some homework. Regardless any help on the history or the details would be much appreciated.

On a related note, what are some of the movement that have a good reputation? I have read that the 5xx are impressive and some conflicting reports on the 6xx.

Thanks in advance!

2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Aug 23, 2017

3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Aug 23, 2017

Sorry, pressed the wrong button.
    I was just going to ask if you have any photos that you intend posting?

4. starssuck Aug 23, 2017

Yeah that might help![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Aug 23, 2017

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I don't have sufficient expertise to comment on the dial's condition but I've always thought that if you buy a watch you like and enjoy wearing, whether or not it's a re-dial may not necessarily be important. Yours certainly looks very nice.
    I bought a similarly aged 565 Geneve last year and attach a few photos so that you can make your own comparison.

6. starssuck Aug 23, 2017

Right? It's an attractive watch. I like the case, shape and size and material. And again, I understand the movement to be fantastic. Re: redials as long as I plan on wearing and enjoying (ie. I'm not a dealer) I don't particularly care as long as its not tacky or obvious. In this particular case, my untrained eye couldn't spot the touch ups.