Forums Latest Members

Gallet service experiences for vintage?

1. andomegas Nov 13, 2017

Wondering if anyone has used Gallet for servicing of a vintage piece (it was kind of an unusual case that led me to use them for this service).

They have had my Gallet for 7 months, and over 2 1/2 months since it was "on the bench."

Any other experiences out there??
    Thanks-

yvrclimber likes this.
  2. longlifegoods Nov 14, 2017

citizenrich and Larry S like this.
  3. SeanO Nov 14, 2017

They can be tardy.

Email them. David Lawrence should respond fairly quickly.

The do suffer from staff turnovers

yvrclimber and Joe_A like this.
  4. andomegas Nov 14, 2017

Thanks all.
    Glad (?) to hear it is within their timeframe. Haven't had luck with them responding (multiple emails, voicemails).
    I'll try to be patient a few more months :whistling:

5. Dre Nov 16, 2017

Yeah just keep sending them an email as the won't return your calls, or get in touch with David would be the quickest way. I had 2 watches sent there, a Commander that took 7 months and the Clamshell that took 11 months. Good luck!

6. Yuriae Dec 3, 2017

@andomegas , Gallet also has a chronograph that they've received from me on June the 2nd. I didn't get any updates since this date regarding when they'll be able to service it and they didn't respond to two e-mails that I've sent them in the last few weeks. So... Wait and see, I guess!

7. 77deluxe Dec 10, 2017

I read on the interwebs that gallet sends watches to be repaired in a time machine back to 1952, but the flux capacitor is currently down.

8. Yuriae Jul 4, 2018

I've got an email from Gallet on December the 20th, 2017, stating that my watch was in the hands of one of their watchmakers. No news since that date. 1 year and 1 month that they have it now. I hope that the time machine that @77deluxe was talking about is going to work again soon :eek:::facepalm1::!

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 4, 2018

Well according to the Terminator movie to go back in time it has to be surrounded by Human Flesh...

4D2813AC-4D41-4284-BB72-81D9B01B14E3.jpeg
  10. andomegas Jul 10, 2018

Mine eventually finished in 14 months. 10 of which were "on the bench". Advice - don't bother with email, only call.

11. Yuriae Oct 29, 2018

Hello everyone. I remembered last week that Gallet still had my watch and that I didn’t get any further info from them since December the 20th, 2017. I tried to e-mail them twice last Wednesday and Thursday, but didn’t get any reply until now.

If a fellow US based OF member would be so kind and ready to help me out (my spoken English isn’t very fluent and it costs 2$ a minute to call to the US from Switzerland) and call them for me, please drop me a PM and I’ll forward you all the infos!

Kind regards,

Yuriae

12. pantelis25 Jan 12, 2019

Mine is there only for 10 months i guess i am not allowed to complain yet?!!

13. Sgt_Bilko Jan 12, 2019

I've never owned a Gallet, but I find this thread quite shocking. Is this not something that could be done by an independent, just to speed things up a bit?

14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 12, 2019

Gallet has an inventory of and specs to make original parts. That’s the attraction. The answer is yes a good watchmaker can do the work but parts are tough to source.

Joe_A and yvrclimber like this.
  15. Sgt_Bilko Jan 12, 2019

OK, that's interesting to know. I've quite admired them from a distance when seen in WRUW but never seen one up close. These service times seem unbelievable though if you go to them direct.

16. Yuriae Jan 12, 2019

Hello all,

I've received an update on December the third, 2018, regarding my Gallet chrono that I sent them in May 2017 (!!!).

"Dear Marc XXXXX,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in responding. A serious illness and a passing among our technical and customer service staff has left us shorthanded and struggling catch up.

Your job envelope is currently with the secure transfer case used to transport completed jobs from our service facility to our headquarters for shipping. When a repair job reaches this status, servicing is very close to completion.

Before your completed watch is returned, you will receive an email to conform that your shipping address is correct and for choosing the color of the new leather strap to be included

With our best regards,

THE GALLET WATCH COMPANY"

Well, I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean that they have serviced it or that they haven't even opened it yet ("servicing is very close to completion"...)?

I'll keep you updated when/if I once receive this watch back from them!

Cheers,

Yuriae/Marc

vibe likes this.
  17. Dan S Jan 12, 2019

I had a similar experience. It took 14 months, and I got occasional responses to my emails saying that it was almost done. To add insult to injury, when I finally got it back, they had polished the previously-unpolished case, against my explicit directions. Never again.

18. Mitka Jan 12, 2019

I serviced my own Gallet:rolleyes:

19. S.H. Jan 12, 2019

Meaning what exactly? One watchmaker is on sick leave, the other one just died of old age? They do look short-staffed...:confused:

KingCrouchy likes this.
  20. Mitka Jan 28, 2019

Something like that yes...