Forums Latest Members
  1. kaket_ Dec 25, 2015

Hi all,

I think I'm falling in love with this:

gallet.png

I have however some doubts regarding the dial which seems to have been reprinted (Gallet seems to be like "bold" and there is like a shadow in the 0 for the main dial 50, the one in black I mean). The hand for the 6-hours sub seems weird as well as I've usually seen hand with a "arrow" (not a straight one like).

What do you think: original or "reworked" watch?

Thanks for your help!

2. kaket_ Dec 25, 2015

I just noticed the seller had caliber picture. I share it with you then!

mouvement.png

Seems pretty good also (except maybe the SWISS label along with the JXR one?)

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 25, 2015

Greetings, I'll let more knowledgeable people opine on the dial --but if you really like regulator chronographs I've seen a few lately - there's another Gallet and a Doxa (which I find really nice) on Ebay right now.

But the question is, don't you find it a bit hard to tell the time? [​IMG]

This one is 331689613930
    [​IMG]

(PS the Gallet font on yours does seem quite thick compared to the one above).

Best regards

4. PHPHD Dec 25, 2015

that kind of font is similar but much thicker to what I've seen - I think it might be re-dialed.

5. JH11932 Dec 29, 2015

The one above that Syrte posted (labeled "331689613930") does not look authentic to me. The name "Gallet" is not lettered, it's in a commercial digital font called Palatino, which has no place on a watch dial.