Forums Latest Members

Gallet Chrono and Leonidas Help will be welcome

1. Migdc21 Feb 8, 2019

Hello all

I receive this two images one from Galllet Chrono, and other from Leonidas solid gold case 14K from 1950.
    I´m really confused what will be the real market price, for this watches, talking about them they are 100% original without a new plastic operation, looking the two dial I believe they are 100% original; Showing use and time, they are not from yesterday... :) .
    Can anybody help me to guide real prices for this nice examples.
    I thank in advance for the help.

Gallet Chrono.jpg Leonidas.jpg
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 8, 2019

Gallet dial has had some sharpie work. Dammed shame. . Were it decent I'd estimate $2500-3500.

Edited Feb 8, 2019
    airansun likes this.
  3. Migdc21 Feb 8, 2019

Thank you I agree, sharpie work. Damned shame. this is correct expression!

4. Dan S Feb 8, 2019

Gallet is in a chrome-plated case? What size? What movement?

For the Leonidas. Gold or gold plated? What size case? What movement?

Much more information is needed, so please post more photos and provide details if you're serious about getting advice.

5. Migdc21 Feb 12, 2019

Hi
    Watch is from a friend, for the photos it is chrome-plated, he reports Gallet Multichron, Multichron was a special type, was developped specially for the order for American air forces, Therefore more than 90% of these watches which you can find on the web are with refurbished / repainted dials - you can recognize them according to the scale and index drawing being interrupted in the subregisters. For example these are with repainted dials:

https://farfo.com/vintage-wristwatches/gallet-multichron-chronograph-with-boxes-and-papers-1950s/

http://www.timelyclassics.com/portal/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1370
    if you want I can give you direct contact, it is simply helping today, for to be helped tomorrow. I will inquire the movement and will give you the feedback.
    All the best

6. Migdc21 Feb 12, 2019

Leonidas is 14K gold with movement Landeron 248 from year 1950s

Leonidas Back case.jpg Leonidas front1.jpg
    jmazpiazu likes this.
  7. Migdc21 Feb 13, 2019

Gallet size is 34mm Diameter Excluding Crown, this is not one information from owner, but from the above sites with re-painted dials "Makeup´s", movement Swiss Made Landeron Caliber 149.

8. vujen Feb 18, 2019

With these further infos, I'd pay 1500$ max for the Gallet. Nice watch but chromed and with a very small size.

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 18, 2019

Agree ... Gallet ...didn’t notice the case metal. Frankly with a ruined dial I’d pay 0.