Forums Latest Members
  1. DCartwright Aug 31, 2016

Hello I have recently purchased my first Omega watch only 6 weeks ago, its the Omega Seamaster Aqua terra GMT Chronograph. I was shocked to find out that its gaining about 30 seconds a week so I contacted a local Omega Dealer and all they said is that it is within tolerance, and that Omega won't do anything unless its gaining more than a minute a week. Is this correct? I have had cheap battery and wind up watches keep much more accurate time than this watch which I thought was supposed to be a precision swiss watch!

Can anyone tell me if I have any grounds to complain or is it just the way it is with watches that cost over £9000

2. Cosd Aug 31, 2016

I can't quote the exact tolerances, but it sounds like you have had the first welcome to the world of automatic watches already :)

Losing or gaining around 4 seconds a day isn't the end of the world, and after owning it for a while you won't be that bothered either.

More importantly, a wrist shot of your new pride and joy please, it's the law round here :D

3. Clibka Aug 31, 2016

If you want compete accuracy look towards Casio and the like (Quartz)

These amazing miniature machines are imperfect in their time keeping ability yet perfect in the sense that this doesn't make any difference.

Quite the paradox right? Congrats on the new piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  4. relaxer7 Aug 31, 2016

sounds about right to me!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 31, 2016

Omegas tolerances for daily rate on their COSC watches are from -1 seconds per day to +6 seconds per day.

Your watch is running fine.

Cheers, Al

6. DCartwright Aug 31, 2016

Thanks guys, looks like I will just have to get used to it. I always assumed that with quality you got accuracy :) and just for you COSD I have attached my obligatory wrist shot ... not a great photo but I am sure it will do :) IMG_2688.JPG

ahartfie likes this.
  7. Cosd Aug 31, 2016

Wonderful....Now we believe you ;)

Enjoy and wear in good health!

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  8. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Aug 31, 2016

30 seconds over 7 days works out to an accuracy of 99.995039926% if my math is correct. Pretty darn good for a purely mechanical time keeping device I'd say! Nice watch☺

9. Canuck Aug 31, 2016

With use over time, mechanical watches have been known to settle down to a better rate. Give your watch some time, and let us know if the rate improves.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 31, 2016

Just means you get to use the crown once every two weeks, part of the fun ;)

11. DCartwright Aug 31, 2016

Thanks Canuck I will check it over time and report back. ........ just off to play with my crown now ;)