Forums Latest Members
  1. WWFII Wed. 10:44am

This is a crude rendition of my almost “perfect” GADA watch in Summer Blue. It’s a Worldtimer + Planet Ocean dive bezel for timing things.

I’d love to have something with this combination. What do you think? Too gaudy?

IMG_7017.jpeg
    Edited Jul 24, 2024 3:17pm
  2. Annapolis Wed. 11:21am

Add a chronograph complication and I’m in.

blufinz52 and samweldspoorly like this.
  3. ErichPryde Wed. 11:31am

It's fun.

I would much rather see a 150m--200m water resistance heritage, with a 24h bezel and GMT hand at the current case size.

I have a feeling neither one of us will get what we want.

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. samweldspoorly Wed. 11:37am

Haha, thats fun. Its kinda busy but I think it works.

5. twizit Wed. 4:42pm

Too much going on in there for me.

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Wed. 4:46pm

A 2nd HE valve would make it perfect.

Jakeys and ErichPryde like this.
  7. ErichPryde Wed. 5:40pm

Why stop at 2?

blufinz52 likes this.
  8. GrussGott 3:30am yesterday

I dig it ... my problem is after a lot of years of great eye sight now I'm getting where I can't see tiny things and need readers but I never bring them so this watch is outta sight for me, literally.

9. Jakeys 5:25am yesterday

For me, a GADA watch does need to be versatile but my idea of versatility isn't adding a bunch of features and complications, rather the opposite - rugged and simple so it can be dressed up or down for any occasion. IMO the Aqua Terra is the textbook GADA watch in Omega's current lineup.

I wouldn't say a Worldtimer Diver hybrid really fits the definition. But at the end of the day, it's kind of a subjective and nebulous term anyway.

Annapolis likes this.
  10. ErichPryde 10:20am yesterday

So, an apple watch.

11. galaxytime 10:29am yesterday

I'm sure Omega views this thread and starts production immediately. I'll take one please.

12. WWFII 11:39am yesterday

I wish I had that kind of influence, but I’m hearing that not many people would have an interest in a watch with a Worldtimer/(bezel w/minute counter). LOL

Thanks for the input, everyone. Maybe I will become a billionaire one day, and I can ask Omega for a one-off. :D

13. Annapolis 11:50am yesterday

Yeah it’s different strokes for different blokes, but all kidding aside I tend to prefer simplicity when it comes to mechanical watches. When I need a “GADA” watch with lots of features, I’ll put on the Garmin.

Even the venerated holy Speedmaster seems too “busy” for me, though I’ll probably come around to one eventually.

Not saying I don’t love complications. But it’s better (imo) if they’re unobtrusive on the dial. Patek’s 5236P is perhaps the best example of this ever made, though JLC has some pretty good options too at a far lower price point.

14. GrussGott Today at 2:41am

My Sinn U2 S (EZM 5) is my GADA; SUPER readable, diving bezel (for timing stuff), GMT function, and I literally punched a chunk of concrete out of a wall with it and it's got zero scratches or damage.

Of course I double-wrist so my garmin is on my other wrist ;-)