Forums Latest Members

Fun With Scammer Morons on eBay

1. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 29, 2016

an actual back and forth from earlier tonight. an unsolicited message to an ebay listing of mine...

mat6328_6j49w

Hello my name is Matthew I was looking at your Omega tissot how is it both one owned the other ? I collect watches myself i enkoy not only wearing but fixing up cleaning iv got a fair collection it's a lot of work n time i work on fixing my own if you're ever willing to trade I've got a really nice PANERI Luminor Marina Automatic in exellent condition and DOM Watch by GEVEVE coronograph 14k solid YGold in exellent condition up for a good trade or sale if interested in my offer just let me know have a great day

ME:

No thank you. No trades

mat6328_6j49w

And you said you were a collector that doesn't really sound like you collect watches that you're not interested in watches weird whatever have a great day happy Memorial Day

ME:

No, I'm sorry. You're right. Did you say you wanted to trade your panerai straight up for my tissot?

mat6328_6j49w

If it was a rare model dorry paid to much for the paneri if you're willing to make me an offer on the Panera that be different but you paid too much for it well not too much I got a good deal on it I mean they go for quite a bit I could probably sell it to you for 500 just like what the fourth half of what they sell for minimum everywhere

ME:

you would sell your panerai for $500? where was it made-in china? :)

(CRICKETS)

littlesheep81, Linzer, STANDY and 2 others like this.
  2. meganfox17 May 30, 2016

Hi @OmegaBear

I could have sworn those messages were typographical errors of an Oriental Chinese educated woman , in this case doing the bidding on behalf of her boss , Mr Mathew ! I guess she's not exactly a watch connoisseur & her atypical English sounds like a direct word for word translation from either Mandarin or Cantonese to English

The trader didnt state whether it was a genuine Luminor or a replica so technically "she" was not lying but at 500 bucks it makes perfect sense. The replica Luminor Marina is either using the Japanese Miyota movement or the more expensive Swiss ETA. Here i'l show you. I'll try not to laugh but it's hard to keep a poker face[emoji4]

Edited May 30, 2016
  3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 30, 2016

I was right, even in jest. And I don't even know anything about panerai, except that they're very expensive.
    Excellent sleuthing there, @meganfox17

4. dialstatic May 31, 2016

Is the English really atypical, though? When I read it aloud, to me it sounds like a native speaker who's basically typing out slang phonetically without punctuation ("if you're willing to trade that be different" --> "that'd be different").

Even though I'm not a native speaker, it annoys me when people abuse the English language like this. If something's not worth writing down in an intelligeble fashion, it's not worth writing down at all (or worth reading, for that matter).

Noisy Nova, OMGRLX and Pvt-Public like this.
  5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2016

"intelligible" :whistling: :p ;)

::stirthepot::

UncleBuck, dialstatic, LouS and 2 others like this.
  6. Linzer May 31, 2016

It's amazing how many names a Panerai has :D

7. alam May 31, 2016

[4/2 of what these sell for] doesn't sound like a good deal either... :p

OMGRLX likes this.
  8. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 31, 2016

panerai 1.JPG panerai 2.JPG

wait, this ain't over yet! i hear back from 'mat' and pics too! :D

mat6328_6j49w: It's made in Switzerland just like all the rest of them and I'm going to send you a picture of it see what you think i must been half awake yesterday its 1500 for the watch being that I accidentally gave you a lower price I can't give you that price but I'll give it to you for 1300 man that's that's like Bottom Dollar I can do on it if you want it

ME: no picture of the movement and the caseback from the inside? :(

(to be continued?)

;):rolleyes::p:D::bleh::::popcorn::

meganfox17 likes this.
  9. alam May 31, 2016

you missed a great opportunity/offer by not taking advantage of his semi unconscious state! :cautious:

meganfox17 and OMGRLX like this.
  10. dialstatic Jun 1, 2016

Yeah yeah yeah, make fun of the foreign guy...I'd like to see you compose an intelligible reply on the Dutch-language watch forum ;) ::bleh::

Longbow, UncleBuck, RawArcher and 4 others like this.
  11. rcs914 Jun 1, 2016

Good lord that is a bad fake. If not interested in that, perhaps this BMW M3?[​IMG]

Longbow, flw, OMGRLX and 4 others like this.
  12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 1, 2016

I wouldn't even begin to attempt it :p

13. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 1, 2016

Beemer is /hot

14. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jun 1, 2016

So I will cop to making a similar joke in a different thread (apologies)....but to show I will even offend myself.....I have read all of the murder mysteries written by Janwillem van der Wetering so when I was in Amsterdam I asked several Dutch speakers how to tell me how to pronounce the names of his recurring protagonists Gripstra and De Gier (saying them in my head in English all these years was laughable).....and the reason I asked several people is that I literally could not even grasp, let alone retain, what they would tell me because my non-English language skills were so lame! Can't learn a musical instrument and can't learn a second language. Kills me!