Forums Latest Members
  1. Jimmy Jim Apr 25, 2014

So I ran out of coffee, yes I drink so much I buy it in bulk, and happened across this speedie in the Costco jewelry case. Knowing the history of law suits, I was curious enough to ask someone to pull it out of the case for me to take a peek at it. Under a bit closer investigation you could see a pretty decent ding in the bezel in between the 80-90 marks as well as one on the lug. I gave the movement a quick shake and a few winds of the crown to bring it to life.... problem... nothing happened. The wind was stiff and the watch never fired up. Along with that, it took about 6 presses of the reset pusher to get it to reset and felt all kinds a mushy. I would absolutely hate to see what the insides looked like...Handing it back to the employee I told them they had a fine paper weight on their hands and went about my way. The best part of it all was that she looked at me almost insulted that I wasn't going to buy it after all the trouble they went through of finding the keys to the case.
    IMAG0655.jpg

2. Selbo Apr 25, 2014

Wow, Costco really does sell everything. What was the asking price?

3. Jimmy Jim Apr 25, 2014

$2599

4. Hijak Apr 25, 2014

At my local costco on the north side of Chicago they have the Triple dates for ~$3200. haven't looked at them closely since I have one but that seems pricey.

OMG2035.JPG

5. bacaitlin May 4, 2014

I would also look annoyed too if I helped you and you made that comment to me. Common courtesy goes a long way my friend.

6. Jimmy Jim May 4, 2014

Sorry I left out all of the "please" and "thank you" I made during the whole exchange. Not to mention the 30 minutes, me as the customer, had to wait with no appology.

You're right... It does go a long way. ;)

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 4, 2014

I'm not sure of the point of this thread. We all know that Costco is one of the largest grey-market outlet for all sorts of goods, so why should watches be any different? Sure, Costco lost a suit on the West Coast regarding Omega watches, but obviously, they've found a way around it.

If the price is right, and this is what you want, then buy it. If not, then don't. No reason to give the sales staff a run-around for nothing.

One thing I will say in favor of Costco, if you did buy the watch and it turned out to have any problem, they would refund your money without question.

Better than I can say for a lot of other retail outlets.
    gatorcpa

8. Jimmy Jim May 4, 2014

I actually was looking into buying it. However after the guts sounded like gravel in a garbage disposal, I explained to her why I wasn't and what all was wrong with it. Even recommended pulling it before someone who didn't know better did buy it. I posted about it because of the history between omega and coscto and was actually suprised to see it. I was under the impression that they were still under the "no more selling them" clause. I certainly wasnt looking at it just to mess with them.

9. Jimmy Jim May 4, 2014

Oh and I totally agree with that. Trust me, had the price been lower I would have gotten it, had it checked out, and gone from there.