Forums Latest Members

SOLD Full set Ω Speedmaster DD 145.022 "White Dial" featured in MWO 3rd ed.

1. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 20, 2020

For sale comes a rather special two-tone Speedmaster Chronograph with a rare white dial and yellow gold accents. The watch comes in a full set with box, papers and extract from Omega Archives.

IMG_5373.jpg

So what do we have here? A special DD 145.022 in a great conservation condition. If you like this watch, have a look at So what do we know about the DD145.022 (Two-Tone) Speedy? for more infos about this product line from the mid-1980s.

IMG_5357.jpg

The dial has no damage and the interesting thing about it is the T SWISS MADE T marking however there's no Tritium on it. The hands have a tritium lume and present a nice light yellow patina.

IMG_5376.jpg

Ω Logo clearly visible on the crystal.

IMG_5362.jpg IMG_5361.jpg IMG_5360.jpg IMG_5359.jpg

That case is good, the watch was gently worn by me and previous owners. It has some marks of wear, light dings and scratches but no major flaws.

IMG_5366.jpg

The caseback is also in a good condition, correct reference engraved inside.

IMG_5365.jpg

According to the Extract from Omega Archives, the watch was produced on May 10, 1985 and delivered to Germany. Most of those DD 145.002 watches were made for the German market and delivered to Germany. My extract and sales papers match that observation (1211 on the papers is the country code for Germany and the dealer sticker is from Steiert in Baden Baden, Germany).

IMG_5363.jpg IMG_5364.jpg

The movement was serviced in 2019 by Romain from www.atelier-h13.ch and is good for a while. I will offer 3-months of mechanical warranty to the buyer. Please note that it's a vintage watch and its water resistance was not tested and is not guaranteed. The reason for this is the wish to preserve the original pushers and crown. The buyer has to be aware of that and wear the watch with that in mind.

This watch is featured as is in the 3rd Edition of the famous Speedmaster Holy Bible - Moonwatch Only, page 544. A dedicated section "White dials" provides some details about these watches and shows exactly this one :

IMG_5375.jpg

To recap :

- A quite rare variation of the Bi-tone/bicolore Speedmaster on the bi-tone 1459/633 bracelet
    - Recent service / 3-months mechanical guarantee
    - FULL SET with inner/outer boxes, cal.861 booklet, matching papers and Extract from Omega Archives
    - Featured in Moonwatch Only 3rd edition, page 544

IMG_5372.jpg IMG_5371.jpg IMG_5369.jpg

What you see is what you get.

Terms and conditions :
    I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this set at your price".

8500 CHF wired to my Swiss bank account for a local sale in Switzerland.
    OR
    9300 USD / 8100 EUR / 7300 GBP
    wired directly to my Transferwise or Revolut accounts for a sale abroad. Fully insured shipping from Switzerland to wherever Fedex can deliver, included.

Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality, unedited and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better, prior buying.

References : by searching the 'seller profiles & review' sub forum
    100% positive feedbacks here as well as other platforms - can link with happy buyers worldwide, on request.

Thanks to OF for the space. :thumbsup:

Edited Jul 20, 2020
  2. airansun In the shuffling madness Jul 20, 2020

Darn you, @kov !

Where do you find all this great stuff?

I’m betting this is gone in less than 24 hours.

At least for my sake, I hope so.

wristpirate, kov and CJpickup57 like this.
  3. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 20, 2020

Much bigger fan of this one compared to the yellow dial, and I’m normally a fan of dark dial watches.. Good luck!

pdxleaf and kov like this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 22, 2020

Someone got a bargain :thumbsup:

pdxleaf likes this.
  5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 22, 2020

This one will nicely in a Speedmaster collection. Hopefully someone bought it for their Speedmaster Decades Collection. Congrats on the sale.

6. jeppehh Jul 22, 2020

Sorry I missed this. Stunning!