Forums Latest Members

SOLD FSOT Heuer Autavia Viceroy 1163V MH Bezel W/ Extras

1. watchthirst Feb 24, 2017

Hey everyone,

This is my first time offering anything for sale here on OF so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I've decided to part with my Autavia Viceroy to fund another purchase. Listing this exclusively on OF for a week or so.

This was a 1 owner watch until I uncovered it. It belonged to a respected professional racing photographer Irving Dolin of Brooklyn New York. This was my most memorable acquisition as I was given the honor to clean out Irv's estate, while keeping anything I found until the house was sold. He was a serious hoarder, worse than anything I've ever seen on dramatized television. The clean out took me over 15 months and along the journey, this very Autavia Viceroy was one of the treasures I was able to salvage. I even have a picture somewhere in my home of him wearing it while snapping photos of race cars on the track in the 70's. When and if I find it I can send to it's next potential owner for provenance purposes.

The watch was serviced and fully overhauled in April of 2016 with my watchmaker. It is running as it should with no issues. The only thing that I'd like to point out is that the chrono hand resets ever so slightly off centered by less than 1mm. Maybe it's just me and my OCD but have a close look at the photos and see for yourself.

Cosmetically it is in great shape and all original.
    -Case has never been polished, and still has sharp lugs with its original sunburst finish.
    -The dial and hands are fantastic. The lume will faintly glow for a moment if held to a light source to charge.
    -The crystal has minimal signs of wear.
    -Crown and pushers are also both original
    -The case back has scratches as shown in photos

EXTRAS-
    - Comes on its original leather strap with Heuer buckle.
    - INCLUDES BOTH THE HEUER TACHY BEZEL AND INSERT AS WELL AS THE MH BEZEL AND INSERT. (That's two bezel rings and two inserts.)

I'm asking $4,200 USD net to me OBO. I will also consider trades.

Paypal is the preferred payment option and I will ship worldwide.

I have some references here on OF and plenty on eBay.

Any questions at all please send me a private message or feel free to post in thread.

Best regards,

-Bernard

IMG_9690 2.jpg IMG_9691 2.jpg IMG_9324.jpg IMG_9326.jpg IMG_9680 2.jpg IMG_9681.jpg IMG_9682.jpg IMG_9325.jpg IMG_9684 2.jpg IMG_9685.jpg IMG_9687.jpg IMG_9688 2.jpg IMG_9676.jpg IMG_9677.jpg IMG_9678.jpg IMG_9679.jpg IMG_9321.jpg IMG_9322.jpg
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 24, 2017

Nice watch, great condition, cool extras !!

Is three Viceroys considered obsession? :unsure:

3. watchthirst Feb 24, 2017

2 maybe. 3 definitely :)

4. watchthirst Feb 27, 2017

Bump

5. watchthirst Mar 1, 2017

Watch is now on hold

Lonestar and smitty190373 like this.
  6. watchthirst Mar 1, 2017

Now sold! Thank you to the buyer who has thus far been beyond awesome, and thank you OF for the space and the opportunity to sell within our community. Rarely ever any regrets when sold to a fellow member. :)