Forums Latest Members

SOLD Gallet Multichron Commander WW2 Excelsior Park 42 mov. ALL ORIGINAL - €1700

1. Skipper_S May 12, 2020

Hi,

Up for sale this remarkable vintage GALLET MULTICHRON COMMANDER, a manually-wounded all stainless steel chronograph from 1940's, equipped with an EXCELLENT RARE EXCELSIOR PARK 42 movement, highly sough after by collectors for it's unusual OVAL shape. The watch comes in hard or i dare say impossible ALL ORIGINAL condition, never re-polished or re-finished and is a rare gem for collectors.

The Gallet & Co. is one of the oldest Swiss Watches brand, There has been a growing interest in Gallet Chronographs in the last few years.

The Oval-shaped 29 X 38mm, not counting the winding crown, stainless steel case is as nice as it gets. All the edges, as well as original crown and flat pushers, are sharp and clean.

The movenent used in this watch is a 17 jewels Swiss made, hand built, manually wound, fully signed Gallet caliber, based on the famous Excelsior PArk 42 caliber, one of the most complicated and desirable of mechanical chronograph calibers from the gold era of Swiss watchmaking.
    The Swiss House Code JXR, belonging t Gallet Watch Co., is stamped on the balance bridge. Every technical luxury is present on this movement, including column wheel and carrying arm.
    The movement is clean, running strong for more than 24h, with all the functions working excellent, but service history is unknown and recommended at buyer's expense.
    The original never restored military-style multi-scale dial with luminous-filled minute and hour hands and Arabic numerals in in rare original condition, never re-finished, and looks striking, The dial is equipped with a spiral red tachymeter scale and outer telemeter scale and has two subdials: left is for the constantly running seconds, right is the 45-minutes chronograph's counter.

This collectable timepiece would be an excellent financial investment, always raising its value.

CASE:
    Width: 30mm (not including winding crown)
    Length: 38mm
    Thickness: 11mm
    Total weight with the high quality band you see: 38g.

stainless steel; snap back; three-piece; original non-signed winding crown and flat chronograph pushers: top pusher starts and stops the chronograph, the bottom one resets to zero; acrylic scratch-free crystal

DIAL:
    Original military-style dial; original blued-steel hands and art-deco Arabic hour numerals; subsidiary dials for the seconds, 45-minute register, outer 1/5 second/minute divisions, outermost telemeter scale; spiral red tachymeter scale; signed

MOVEMENT:
    Genuine 17 jewels Swiss MAde manually-wounded Gallet Caliber, based on special formed movemnet Excelsior Park 42, size 27.1 x 29.4 mm, 18000bph; strong running with all functions working properly

BAND:
    New leather high quality band; non signed stainless-steel buckle; total lenght of the watch with band and buckle 9'' (23cm)

My asking price is €1700. Shipped worldwide tracked and insured for extra cost. (We will discuss the preferable way you want to receive it)

I am accepting PayPal (you should add +4%) or bank transfer. I havent sold any watches here but i have sold and bought many watches on Chrono24 and i have >350 feedback on ebay). I can share pictures of Chrono24 sell history and ebay page.
    I have bought a watch from an OF member: https://omegaforums.net/threads/excellent-transaction-with-skipper_s-highly-recommend.122194/
    I have bought also a watch from one of the admins here through Chrono24 platform. (I will ask permission from him to share his name if anyone is interested to Know)

You can find this ad listed at Chrono24 too if you want to buy it from this platform.

Iam located in Greece - EU.

No returns accepted unless the watch is grossly misrepresented..
    Traded only with:
    1) Nivada Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver (first series with Venus 210 (Chronograph edition - pre Chronomaster) or Valjoux 92 or Valjoux 23 - must have the broad arrow and dauphine shaped hands
    2) Omega Constellation Pie Pan
    3) Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II Racing ref. 145.014

If you have any questions please ask.

Photos:

IMG_5859.PNG IMG_5860.PNG IMG_5861.PNG IMG_5862.PNG IMG_5863.PNG IMG_5864.PNG IMG_5865.PNG IMG_5866.PNG IMG_5867.PNG IMG_5868.PNG IMG_5869.PNG IMG_5870.PNG
    Edited Dec 23, 2020
    lexieb007, YYTIN, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  2. Skipper_S Jun 1, 2020

bump

3. Skipper_S Jun 30, 2020

bump

Burnt likes this.
  4. Skipper_S Jul 29, 2020

bump

5. Skipper_S Sep 1, 2020

bump

6. Skipper_S Oct 1, 2020

October bump

7. Skipper_S Nov 2, 2020

November bump

8. Skipper_S Dec 1, 2020

December/Christmas bump and a reduction of 200€ on price (now 1900€) so i can make space for a new 2021 addition :)

Edited Dec 14, 2020
  9. Skipper_S Dec 8, 2020

December/Christmas bump! Come on... this watch begs for some wrist time :)

Price IMHO is very low.

10. Skipper_S Dec 14, 2020

December/Christmas bump

11. Skipper_S Dec 23, 2020

If anyone is interested for this watch, NOW is the time to buy it for only(IMHO) 1700€ plus shipping costs (will discuss the preferable method with the buyer). This offer is valid only for few days as i just found one of my grail watches and the seller can hold it for me only for few days. Then will be gone to other buyer who is interested, so Iam lowering the price to fund the new purchase.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all OF members btw!!!!

Edited Dec 23, 2020
  12. Skipper_S Jan 7, 2021

bump and still 1700€

Happy New Year to all OF members!

13. Skipper_S Mar 11, 2021

bump

14. Skipper_S Apr 13, 2021

up

Good morning all! Stay safe!

15. Skipper_S Jun 4, 2021

Sold

Ty OF for the space!