Forums Latest Members

FS. Vintage LeCoultre E558 'Barracuda' Deep Sea Master Mariner. Dual Compressor. Big Reduction.

1. noiseboyuk Sep 27, 2017

I recently posted for sale a pair of iconic LeCoultre watches – a 'Barracuda' super compressor a 'Shark' chronograph.
    My intention was to sell them as a pair and accordingly offered them together at a 'keen' price.
    Unfortunately, whilst they have been 'sold' twice - with firm commitments by buyers - on both occasions the buyers 'flaked' so the watches remain unsold (maybe I'm 'old school' but I've never committed unless it's a 100% deal - maybe it's a sign of the times ?)
    Anyway, I've decided to split the watches into individual sales and list them separately.
    If anyone is interested in buying the pair, please see my other sales post for a LeCoultre ‘Shark'. I'll offer an overall reduction of UK £1000 for the sale of them both together. The LeCoultre 'Shark' is now OHPF.

LeCoultre 'Barracuda' Deep Sea Master Mariner. Ref E558. circa 1967.

Case
    Stainless steel, 37mm (without pushers) cushion case with screwdown back in excellent used condition. Some scuffs and minor scratches as to be expected.

Crowns
    Original crosshatched 'supercompressor' crowns. Crown at 2 o'clock operates the internal b-directional elapsed time ring. Crown at 4 o'clock for manual wind and setting.

Dial
    Excellent condition dial with Tritium plots. Date window at 3 o’clock. No visible flaws on the dial. As to be expected, the Tritium plots are 'exhausted' showing a short glow when charged.

Hands
    Original baton hands with tritium inserts, signs of very slight tarnishing (again - short glow when subjected to strong light source).

Bezel
    Super condition bi-directional 60 minute / 60 second internal rotating bezel ring.

Crystal
    Plastic crystal, minor scratches and scuffs, can be delivered polished if preferred.

Movement
    LeCoultre K883 automatic movement in excellent condition. The movement winds smoothly in both automatic and manual mode, it keeps excellent time and has a strong power reserve.

Strap
    Black plasticised 'tropic' strap with stainless steel tang buckle.

Accessories
    No box or papers.

Overall
    A super condition watch, rare and a ready to wear investment. No service history but all works correctly. As with all vintage watches water resistance cannot be guaranteed without a full service.

I'm looking for UK £5000 net to me, including insured shipping.
    NOW A BARGAIN UK £ 4500 !!

Here are some pictures, my photography skills are poor and you can be assured that the watch is way better in real life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Oct 2, 2017
  2. noiseboyuk Sep 29, 2017

Please note that the LeCoultre 'Shark' mentioned in this sales post is now OHPF.

3. noiseboyuk Oct 2, 2017

Now reduced to UK £4500 - way below any others recently or currently available.