Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Grand Seiko – beautiful case and dial US$725

1. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 18, 2017

Up for sale I have a vintage Grand Seiko, with a high beat from February 1971.
    This watch is an awesome example of the Tanaka shaped case, with strong edges and a subtle grain finish above and below the dial. There are some surface scratches as you would expect from a 46 year old watch, but nothing deep and no major dents.
    The caseback is pretty much perfect, there is a very small blemish on the GS medallion, that would probably wash out in an ultrasonic bath.
    Dial and hands – I noticed when taking the photos that all the hands are different but match perfectly (and are correct). There is a silver outline to the hour hand, which does not exist on the minute hand and the second hand is all silver. I think this goes to show the thought and effort that was put into the design and construction. Unfortunately there is a minor imperfection on the dial, it is small but just there is a smudge next to the 7 marker. It is not really noticeable unless you know it is there and look for it, but I have shown it at its’worst in my close up pics.
    There is minor damage to the crystal near the 4 marker, most unfortunate as I am quite sure this is a mineral crystal that is original to the watch. Once again not major and if I were to keep it I would probably leave the crystal in place.
    The GS signed crown fits well, adjusting the time is smooth, the hacking feature is fine and the quick set date works.
    Movement – The watch is in need of a service, as it runs about 5 minutes a day slow and you can feel the rotor spin as you hold the watch, but even now the hands really do purr round due to the high beat movement.
    As you would expect from Grand Seiko this is a beautifully designed watch, in great cosmetic condition, yours for just US$725, I will cover all shipping and paypal fees.
    The watch and I are in Hong Kong and I will ship by EMS speedpost. I have tried to describe the watch as honestly as I can and clearly shown all negatives, but if you are unhappy with your purchase I will accept returns providing you contact me within 72 hours of receipt.
    Drop me a pm if you have any questions and a big thank you to OF for the space and these great forums.
    Shaun
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 19, 2017

Sold to one of our members, I look forward to seeing it in WRUW after a service.

Many thanks to OF, for the space

JohnSteed and Spacefruit like this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 19, 2017

You should change the title to sold.