Forums Latest Members
  1. Delbok Sep 4, 2018

Hi

I have today for sale a Vertex Dirty Dozen from WW2

The Dirty Dozen is the name given to a reference produced by 12 different brands ordered by the British Ministry of Defense (MoD) during the World War II. These watches were mostly used by both Air Force and Navy. These custom made watches needed to be accurate, waterproof, shockproof and reliable. The specifications of the watch were the same for the 12 brands: black dial, railroad minute track, arabic numbers, luminous hands and hours markers, stainless steel case with a 15 jewels movement inside. Each brand produced a different number of pieces but few differences allow to distinguish them: the type of hands used (sword, cathedral, pencils or cathedral), the size of the case and of course the caliber.

The Vertex production is slightly different from the rest of the DD with bigger fonts and a signature offering more presence on the dial. The example we offer you is in good condition offering a robust and modern lookalike timepiece.

Here is a short description of the watch

Dial The dial is a service dial with luminova dots and indices

Case Chrome top case is in very good conditions. The caseback has the usual engraving WWW with the broad arrow

Hands Hands and crown are originals. The pencil hands are showing a great patina with the radium remaining on them

Diameter 36mm without crown

Movement 59 caliber

Box / Papers None

Strap Nato strap

Price: 950 € (payment by bank wire only) + shipping

The watch is located in Paris France. I travel as well a lot in Berlin so face to face deals are of course welcome.
    3 days inspection period and full refund if the watch is not as described. I can provide additional pictures if need be

Thanks of course to the OF for the space and do not hesitate to send DM if you have any questions

DSC_5844.jpg DSC_5845.jpg DSC_5842.jpg DSC_5843.jpg