Forums Latest Members

FS: Omega Speedmaster Professional, 145.022-69, Full Set, Stunning Original Condition

1. swish77 Mar 7, 2019

Selling (SOLD) this stunning Omega Speedmaster Professional, 145.022-69, full set, with DON bezel and fully linked, near mint 1039/516 bracelet. Movement serial number 30585XXX. Omega archive shows production on Aug. 3, 1970, and a U.S. delivery.

This Speedmaster is in amazing original condition, with an unpolished case and original factory finishes throughout. You just don't see many vintage Speedmasters this clean and original nowadays, especially as a full set. Comes with the original box, Omega manuals, and the warranty booklet, which is filled out and dated July 28, 1971, from the authorized dealer, the then-famous (and now-defunct) Hudson Department Store in Detroit.

Background: This Speedmaster was worn very sparingly by the original owner, then tucked away for decades. After he passed away, his family sold the watch and its box/paperwork at an estate sale last year. The watch had never been opened, and still had the red dot on the case back when I got it (see photo).

The original case-back gasket was a gooey mess when the watch was opened, so I had the 861-caliber movement serviced by vintage expert Bob Ridley at Watchmakers International near Dallas. Paperwork on service (cost $1,870) will be included with sale. Gaskets and main spring were replaced with genuine and correct Omega parts. One original chronograph pusher had slight corrosion, so it was replaced during the service with a correct and matching new Omega pusher. (The original pusher was returned to me and will be included in the sale.) The Speedmaster now functions perfectly and keeps excellent time. Unfortunately, the red dot didn’t survive the cleaning/servicing. Note that the photos showing the movement, dust cover and inside of the case back were taken before the service. The one-year warranty with Watchmakers International on the movement lasts until June 5, 2019. (Movement serial number has been partially blurred in photos.)

Dial/Hands: Close to perfect, NOS condition, with slight yellowing patina on the original tritium, which is completely intact with no flaking. The photos were taken in natural indoor and outdoor lighting to try to show the true patina color. Watch still glows slightly when exposed to bright light but quickly fades. UV light shows perfectly matching tritium on dial and hands (see photo).

Original DON Bezel: Excellent overall condition, but there was some flaking at the “65” mark of the bezel when I got the watch (see pre-service photo showing blemish). Two small dabs of black acrylic model paint were added to cover the mark, as shown in all other photos, but is completely and easily removable with a damp Q-Tip. Otherwise, the bezel is near perfect.

Case: Unpolished and super fat with original factory finishes. On the lower inside edge of the 5 o’clock lug there is a slight wear mark, presumably from the bracelet (see photo). Case back is unpolished and near perfect with original circular factory finish. There are a couple of other very minor superficial marks here and there, mainly from the bracelet on the back of the lugs, but otherwise this near 50-year-old watch is in close to time-capsule condition

Bracelet/Crystal/Crown: The 1039/516 bracelet (stamped 3/70) is close to perfect with all links, no stretch at all and a very tight clasp. The crystal is original to the watch (correct type A2, according to the "Moonwatch Only" book) with the Omega logo in center. The crystal was polished during the service to remove a couple of minor scratches. Crown is original and correct.

I’m a longtime collector/hobbyist, not a dealer. Only selling to fund another vintage piece. Asking $12500 or best offer. Paypal, plus 3 percent, or bank wire. Buyer pays insured shipping from New York. Return for full refund if not as described. I’d welcome a face-to-face deal if you’re in the New York City area. I’ve been buying/selling on the forums for more than a decade as “swish77,” mostly vintage and modern Rolexes on TRF. Tons of glowing references available. Send me a PM or email [email protected] with any questions/offers. Thanks for looking.
    Speedy1.jpg Speedy3.jpg Speedy4.jpg Speedy5.jpg Speedy6.jpg Speedy7.jpg Speedy7a.jpg Speedy7b.jpg Speedy8.jpg Speedy9.jpg Speedy10.jpg Speedy11.jpg Speedy12.jpg Speedy13.jpg Speedy14.jpg Speedy15.jpg Speedy16.jpg Speedy17.jpg Speedy19.jpg Speedy21.jpg Speedy22.jpg Speedy23.jpg Speedy24.jpg Speedy25.jpg Speedy25a.jpg Speedy200.jpg

Edited Mar 14, 2019
    Taybharr, brownip, bjhove and 56 others like this.
  2. swish77 Mar 9, 2019

I had a request for a direct sunlight shot, so posting here. Taken moments ago.

Also, see attached screen grab for a sampling of feedback on my previous sales. Happy to provide more details. Speedy-Sun.jpg Feedback2.jpg I'm very active over on the Rolex Forum, but I've also owned my share of vintage Speedmasters through the years.

Edited Mar 9, 2019
    td69, mblease, map782 and 6 others like this.
  3. rkman11 Mar 9, 2019

I uncontrollably said “DAMN!” out loud as I looked at those pics. GLWS!

Taybharr, Waxtactic, stefman and 3 others like this.
  4. swish77 Mar 13, 2019

Bump.

5. Seaborg Mar 13, 2019

Amazing :eek:...

GLWS :thumbsup:

6. swish77 Mar 14, 2019

SOLD! Thanks OF and buyer.

Screwbacks and mblease like this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Mar 17, 2019

Beautiful full set. Congratulations to both seller and buyer.