Forums Latest Members

SOLD FS: Omega Speedmaster 105.003-64 Ed White

1. Sharp Sep 20, 2017

The previous watch I listed has found a happy home, now up for grabs is this Speedmaster 105.003-64

Description:

Dial/hands: Lovely original dial with creamy tritium markers and hands, they show a little darkening from moisture in places, however overall are very clean, there is some slight speckling/dust around the markers on the dial surface but no scratches/marks from abuse. Hands have nice clean white paint that remains unchipped. Both hands and dial glow consistently when exposed to UV light.

Case: Straight lug case is in clean condition with minimal marks/scratches only, it is free from corrosion and dings. The caseback has very sharp edges with just one slight gauge from a previous opening. Please note the 105.003-64 is known for having minimal chamfers on the lugs, however this watch has definitely had a polish by an omega service centre in 2001 (see receipt pic). Presumably at the same time it was fitting with service crown and pushers.

The 7912 bracelet has had a similar refresh and is very clean, note the original no.6 end links are not chewed/scratched up. 8 sprung links, one side appears to have had the widest bracelet link removed so may require a new one, they are also a slightly bent so it could be improved with a tidy up however is perfectly wearable.

Bezel: DON bezel, shows light signs of wear, some minor flaking, it has one noteworthy dink in the bottom edge, however is generally clean - a good example

Movement: Winds, resets and ticks correctly, it is cosmetically very clean with un-chewed screws and minimal marks, the plating is of good consistent colour. Serial is in correct range 22.8m for this reference. I would recommend a service before use and do not wish to guarantee timekeeping.

Box and papers: The watch comes with service receipt from omega dated 2001, white outer and red inner box, chronographs booklet and unsigned guarantee papers from 1965, I understand this will be met with scepticism, however this is how it was sourced from a local jeweller, I am not in the business of matching up watches with boxes/papers etc, nor do I wish to split up a set from the state in which it was provided to me. Whether you believe this or not the paperwork/boxes have a market value so factor please this as you see fit.

Summary: Watch is a lovely looking example, it is only being removed from my collection as a victim of apartment renovations. I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition, these watches are now also well documented (www.speedmaster101.com)

My Price: I am offering this watch for £15000 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

Thanks for looking edwhite19.JPG edwhite31.JPG edwhite24.JPG edwhite29.JPG edwhite30.JPG edwhite27.JPG edwhite36.JPG
    edwhite11.JPG edwhite10.JPG edwhite22.JPG edwhite15.JPG speedmaster18.JPG edwhite1.JPG

edwhite21.JPG edwhite18.JPG
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 20, 2017

Now that's a nice watch! Good luck with the sale, it's a belter

3. Dash1 Sep 21, 2017

That's a super clean example. Lovely.

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Sep 21, 2017

Wow, top example. GLWS

5. Sharp Sep 22, 2017

Clasp shot requested, IMG_7881.JPG dated 64/4

6. leetse2 Sep 22, 2017

Wow, now this is an amazing piece. GLWS!

7. Sharp Sep 24, 2017

Up

8. Sharp Sep 25, 2017

9. Sharp Sep 26, 2017

Watch is now OHPF

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 26, 2017

Yes very nice

11. Sharp Sep 30, 2017

Watch is SOLD

oddboy likes this.
  12. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2017

Then please update the title listing!