Forums Latest Members

FS Omega SM600 166.077 Ploprof

1. simonsays Oct 2, 2018

Case
    This watch has a fabulous case, unpolished with all original chamfers and brush as it left the factory.

Crown
    Original crown, not the service replacement. This has the brush finish to edges and sides rather than the polished replacements.

Red Button
    The original red button is retained, in good condition

Bezel
    The original Tritium bezel is in wonderful condition, no cracks or splits.

Dial
    The dial has been replaced with a service item but the original dial comes with the watch.

Hands
    The original Tritium hands are retained and all the original lume is intact and in good condition.

Strap
    It is presented on a new Isofrane depose strap.

History
    I bought this watch from an Cuban national in Miami, and after receiving it I conversed via email about the watches past. I was told that the watch had been owned and used by a member of the Cuban military(his relative). He was a diver in the Boinas Rojas and received this while in service. There is a printed copy of the email conversation to accompany the watch.

Omega Extract from the Archives
    There is an extract of the Archives from Omega which dates the watch to 1st June 1972 with delivery to Panama, which ties in with the emailed history of the watch.

Service Record
    This watch has just had a full service at Swiss Time Services and comes with a 2 year guarantee

Price
    £5350 £5250 inc. delivery.
    IMG_3094.jpg IMG_3094.jpg IMG_3102.jpg IMG_3107.jpg IMG_8223.jpg IMG_8224.jpg IMG_8225.jpg IMG_8228.jpg

Edited Oct 6, 2018
    Manticore, nixf6, Brianstoops and 3 others like this.
  2. simonsays Oct 6, 2018

Reduced to £5250

Manticore likes this.