Forums Latest Members

FS: Omega Seamaster 166.066 ‘Banana’

1. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Apr 8, 2019

For sale: Omega Seamaster 166.066 ‘Banana’

[​IMG]

HISTORY: The Seamaster divers watches need no introduction whatsoever, since the development of the original Seamaster 300 they have been synonymous with high quality professional diving equipment and Omega have made some of the most famous dive watches of all time over the latter part of the 20th Century, including the remarkable PloProf.

Amongst their achievements was the Seamaster 200 Banana, nicknamed because of its bright yellow dial. What makes this watch special is was developed specifically at the request of the French Navy, specifically "Service hydrographique de la Marine Française" or SHOM.

Although not initially available on general release Omega then made the watch commercially available, although in relatively small number and as such they are now quite rare.

CASE & CASEBACK: Very solid 3-piece steel case with pressure fit steel bezel and screw in case back measures 40,0 mm wide not including crown x app. 43 mm long x app. 12 mm high. There are minor marks from wear and a few minor scratches. The lugs are very thick.

Overall very good vintage condition. The original bezel looks very good with some very limited delaminating and limited older scuffs/marks but is also nice and sharp— Excellent condition. The outer back is marked is marked Seamaster, tested 200m and of course the Seahorse inscription and is further marked with, on the inside, the reference 166.066. The original polish is still visible.

DIAL & HANDS: Extremely nice and original yellow and gray dial with beautiful creamy off-white original lume. All original dial text in black is crisp and legible. Hands in perfect condition and matching lume on dial. At 3 o’clock date window

CROWN & PUSHERS: New service crown. Original crown is available and will be sold with the watch

CRYSTAL: New and original Omega.

MOVEMENT: Powering this classic Omega is an automatic 565 movement. Serial is 30m, which dates the watch to 1970. Recent service of EUR 600(!) by Omega accredited master watchmaker. Another 11 months of guarantee to go. Therefore this watch is running strong, keeping excellent time and is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipment. Given the age of the watch I will not guarantee the waterproofness of the watch

STRAP: Aftermarket and hardly used Milanese strap. This watch has a lug width of 22mm.

ACCESSORIES: None

ASKING PRICE: EUR 2.950, which includes fully insured worldwide shipping by registered mail. As stated recently serviced for EUR 600

FURTHER REMARKS: Given that I am raising money for a business venture no trades please. Payment in euro. Bank wire strongly preferred. Paypal to be discussed but you pay fees. Personal delivery within reason.

I have dozens of feedback on various watch forums and over 200 on Ebay (as Mark020).

Watch and me are in the Netherlands. If required contact via phone/whatsapp /Facetime/insta(Markk020)/Linkedin possible. More pics upon request

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ChrisN, frederico, quito and 5 others like this.
  2. KingCrouchy Apr 9, 2019

Stunning piece!::love:: Good luck with the business venture!:thumbsup:

cell1010 likes this.
  3. flqt-9000 Apr 10, 2019

Should the reference be 166.068?

Mark020 likes this.
  4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Apr 11, 2019

Yes it should. My bad :). Price reduced to EUR 2.750

5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Apr 16, 2019

Now EUR 2.650 ONRO

6. wouter van wijk Apr 16, 2019

i love those funky bananas