Forums Latest Members

FS: Omega 2451-6 Cal.321 Steel Chronograph 1956

1. Sharp Aug 21, 2018

Up for grabs is this lovely 1950s Omega chronograph

Description:

Dial/hands: Silver dial with tachymetre scale, yellow gold (coloured) indexes and matching hands, signed SWISS MADE, the luminous plots and hands glow consistently under UV light - I believe they are original radium but cannot prove this without a geiger counter. The luminous material in the minute hand has darkened a little from moister/tarnished but overall the dial is super nice with no bubbling, marks, scratches just some loose dust particles - you rarely ever see this reference with such a clean dial that is not 'patinated'.

Case:
    Case body retains sharp edges with no corrosion, however light scratches and wear are visible all over, there is a noteworthy deep scratch to the back of the top right lug. The case back is clean, light marks/scratches from case opening no deep gauges or abuse, the graining and text are still clearly visible, again one of the best I have seen on this reference. Crown appears original, one pusher looks like a service replacement, the other is more worn.

Movement: Winds, resets and ticks correctly, however the service history is unknown - no clues in the case, it is cosmetically very clean with un-chewed screws and minimal marks, the plating has a slightly inconsistent tarnish but I believe once cleaned it will all match perfectly in colour - no signs of any tampering. 15.1m Serial. I would recommend a service before use and do not wish to guarantee timekeeping.

Box: The watch was supplied to me by a seller who had done a house clearance in a small brown Omega box with blank guarantee and a receipt but the reference reads as 2279 so maybe it is not a match - though seemingly salesman did sometimes get these wrong, I have not really looked into it, please just consider it a bonus if it is indeed correct.

Summary: Very nice example for anyone who is looking for a cal.321 that is not a Speedmaster, these 1950s chronographs seem particularly difficult to find with clean dials, I cannot recall seeing a better example for sale (MSNWatch has probably taken them all :p). I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition.

My Price: I am offering this watch for £4500 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

2451111.jpg omega24519.jpg omega24518.jpg 245188.jpg 24511.jpg 24513.jpg 24512.jpg 24516.jpg
    245111.jpg
    2471111.jpg

245111.jpg 245188.jpg 2451111.jpg omega24519.jpg omega24518.jpg 24516.jpg 24511.jpg 24513.jpg 24512.jpg
    tictic, SpeedTar, jmazpiazu and 29 others like this.
  2. Sharp Aug 22, 2018

Up

3. michael e Still learning. Aug 24, 2018

Hi.
    Would 4K buy it via BT?
    Thanks, Michael

4. Sharp Aug 24, 2018

OHPF

5. airansun In the shuffling madness Aug 24, 2018

Thank goodness! @Sharp always seems to have really nice stuff to torture me with.

I admit I’ve spent at least an hour, spread out over the last few days, staring at this piece and trying to resist.

If funds don’t work out, PM me. :rolleyes:

GLWS Tom!

joeshoup likes this.
  6. Sharp Aug 27, 2018

SOLD