Forums Latest Members

FS: Lovely Movado Sport with Breguet Numerals

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 1, 2016

I have a number of watches to sell, beginning with this vintage Movado Sport from the 1940s. In spite of the model name ,it is a fairly elegant watch, featuring a stepped case, chamfered lugs, and Breguet numerals. It measures 34mm excluding the crown, and is, to my knowledge, completely original.

It is powered by a Movado cal. 260 is working properly, but has not been timed, and I do not know the last date of service. I have owned this watch for many years, but have worn it very sparingly.

The Borgel ("FB") case, manufactured by Taubert & fils, is in excellent condition, with just a few very light scratches on the case back. They could easily be polished out, but strike me as being trivial. The case also features a protective inner dust cap.

The dial is in very good condition, and has mellowed to a pleasing champagne color. Please note that there are reflections in some of the photos below, and the only notable flaws on the dial are a couple of small mark and scratch that I have highlighted in the last image. To the naked eye and especially from any distance, they are barely noticeable.

Vintage Movados are often undervalued in the market, and this is no exception. I am asking $775 ONRO for the watch, and will ship EMS at the asking price. It is located with me in Portugal, so EU members will pay no additional duties.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jun 1, 2016
    mbeast, Tritium, jsflog and 6 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 10, 2016

I have a local offer, but one last chance at a reduced price to forum members!

$650 shipped/Paypal included

Omega78 likes this.
  3. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV Jun 11, 2016

amcclell likes this.
  4. tmw57 Jun 11, 2016

Can't believe I didn't see this earlier-

pm sent

Drawarms likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 11, 2016

Sold to a good friend and forum member! Thanks to all.

Edited Jun 11, 2016
    Vitezi likes this.
  6. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jun 12, 2016

Funny, I did spot it before, but somehow it got stuck in my head it was 32-33mm (edit: checked it, that was another Movado sale of TonyC)

Bargain for a Borgel cased Movado.

Dibs please

7. ulackfocus Jun 12, 2016

That's a NFW with some crispy lug facets. :thumbsup:

8. tmw57 Jun 12, 2016

Consider yourself dibsed.

BartH and Syrte like this.