Forums Latest Members

SOLD FS LeCoultre Futurematic, Gold-filled

1. NT931 Feb 12, 2017

Hi, I’m putting this one for sale as I’m consolidating my collection, and needs funds for a recent purchase.

This is a 35mm LeCoultre Futurematic from the 1950s. It’s a historically interesting watch (read about it here and here), as it does not have a winding crown, just a wheel put at the back (and not at the side) that sets the time.

I bought this in end-2012 from Zaf Basha, a well-known JLC collector who wrote a book about collecting JLCs. Zaf had it serviced just before I bought it. Since then, I’ve worn it very sparingly (between 1-3x per year) and carefully. The dial is original, not a redial, and has a light and pleasant patina. Hands are original as well. The case is gold-filled, according to Zaf. The case shows some wear, and I’ve taken photos to show them. The case is YG, but it looks slightly reddish at certain angles.

The watch works well, keeps good time, and setting the time with the wheel at the back is fine. The power reserve works properly as well. The movement has not been touched since I bought the watch - since I don’t dare open the caseback, I’ve included Zaf’s pictures of the caseback and the movement too. It comes with a dark brown 110/70mm calf leather strap and a matching gold-tone tang buckle.

The price I’m asking is USD1100. Paypal is fine, I’m happy to split the fees.

I will ship from Singapore via tracked EMS for USD25, other methods of shipping can be agreed upon with the buyer; buyer will pay for these other methods. I will also pack the watch in a hard clamshell case for protection, so you get a free watch case you can use for travels!

Sales are final unless the watch is not as described. I have bought and sold here on OF, and you can search in the ‘Seller Reviews’ section for references. I may also want to ask for references, I hope you don’t mind.

I really like this one as it’s a watch with lots of character and charm, but since I’m funding a grail, this has to go to a new home. PM me if you’re keen. Thank you!

IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2293.JPG IMG_2294.JPG IMG_2295.JPG IMG_2296.JPG 497 Movement.jpg Case.jpg

TNTwatch, ELV web, trackpad and 9 others like this.
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 12, 2017

Whoah. This will go quickly! A fine example...

3. NT931 Feb 13, 2017

OHPF...

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 13, 2017

Beautiful... Congrats to buyer and seller...

5. NT931 Feb 15, 2017

Sold! Thanks to J, and also to OF for the space

khmt2 and oddboy like this.