Forums Latest Members

FS. LeCoultre Deep Sea Master Mariner (aka 'Baraccuda') dual compressor

1. noiseboyuk Jul 11, 2017

Offered up for sale is this rare LeCoultre Deep Sea Master Mariner dual crown ‘Compressor’ diving watch, model E558, also known as the ‘Barraccuda’.

The ‘Barraccuda’ was the companion to the LeCoultre ‘Shark’ manual wind divers Chronograph offering an automatic movement and the ‘dual compressor’ system with an internal rotating bezel.

The watch is in good condition for a timepiece that dates back to the late 60's. Clearly it’s not been a ‘safe queen’ but nevertheless a very presentable watch.

It has the original ‘tritium’ lumed dial which has patina, but nonetheless is in great condition. Please note that this watch has the original hand set rather than the wider hands that seem to be retro-fitted to many of these. The hands are in great condition although the sweep second hand shows a little tarnish.

The watch runs well and the inner rotating bezel action is smooth. Timekeeping is excellent and the watch self winds correctly via the K883 automatic movement with a good power reserve.

With a case size of just over 37mm (without crowns), this lovely watch makes a great, reliable daily wearer and is surely a fine investment. A super watch for anyone who wants quality and an alternative to the ‘usual suspects’.

I have checked current prices of available LeCoultre E558 and they seem to sit between UK £6200 and UK £8600 (dependent upon condition).

I’d rate this watch as in good general condition – so I’d like to see a bargain UK £6000 to include insured shipping worldwide.

I’m happy to consider any reasonable offer. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further information – my direct email is [email protected]

Here are some pics - unfortunately photography is not a great skill of mine but you can rest assured that the watch is much better in real life, thanks for looking.

J2a-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2b-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2c-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2d-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2e-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2f-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2g-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2h-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2i-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2j-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg J2l-LeCoultre-Master-Marine.jpg

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.