Forums Latest Members

SOLD Great Zenith A386 El Primero Mk3, one owner for 9k€

1. MaiLollo Feb 7, 2018

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I have to sell this spectacular watch (alongside my Heuer 2447T) in order to make room for an incoming.

This watch was discussed in a previous topic, and what I've concluded is that the watch is an almost all-original watch from the first owner: the crown is not correct (but a Zenith of the exact same dimensions) and the glass is not Zenith, the watchmaker struggled to find one that would fit.

I bought it last year from the first owner, who had left it in a drawer for over 2 decades, and realized he had something valuable.

I've just had the movement serviced (the ratchet wheel was changed, and boy is it expensive :) ) because the rotor is in great shape and the ratchet wheel (n°3088 movement part) is the most subject to wear in the El Primero according to my watchamker.
    The new crown was fitted along with the cristal.

The watch works flawlessly, but the watchmaker didn't issue a receipt. I'm sure the watch will tick along without issues for a long time, but if this where to happen I'm sure we will figure something out. So I guess there's no guarantee as per se.

The dial looks great, with the dark patina that most A386s have devolped, and is homogeneous between hands and dial. The dial has one very slight stain at 1 o'clock and a small scratch in the 9 o'clock counter. Both are difficult to notice, and look amazing in everyday wear.
    As per discussions with people that know better than me (cf discussion on this watch), it's very possible that the watch was never repolished, but of course it's impossible to know for sure.
    The watch looks great in the flesh, and I was tempted not to sell as I couldn't enjoy it that much, but the funds are needed.

If you have any query, question, if I made a mistake, please PM me & I'll correct it. I feel like the pricing (9€k) is very fair, especially considering other prices on C24 at almost double.
    Some people that know the model better than me even told me that my price is a bit low...

Don't hesitate to PM me !
    Cheers

Z1.jpg Z2.jpg A386.jpg Z4.jpg Z5.jpg Z3.jpg Zenith.jpg

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 7, 2018

PM sent!

MaiLollo, Dre, jB1128 and 7 others like this.
  3. khmt2 Feb 7, 2018

What a steal!

MaiLollo and propervinyl like this.
  4. Fost Feb 8, 2018

Why is this still available? Lorenzo ? Are you sleeping? Your pm.box is full! :D

Frederic_gva and MaiLollo like this.
  5. JohnSteed Feb 8, 2018

Someone getting night rest....:whistling:::popcorn::

MaiLollo likes this.
  6. MaiLollo Feb 8, 2018

Haha yeah the PM box was full, as is my whattsapp :) I hope I have replied to every one.
    I'll be honest and say that I'd prefer a local sale, as I've never shipped such an expensive watch & I'd be worried. It is obviously possible.
    I'm supposed to meet one of the first people that wrote to me later today, which is cool.

I'll keep everyone posted around here as the matter advances.
    You can still go after my 2447T though, she's a bargain as well :)

Kmart, Frederic_gva, ewand and 5 others like this.
  7. JohnSteed Feb 8, 2018

Good luck all!

8. josephgsy Feb 8, 2018

:(

MaiLollo likes this.
  9. Dial & Bezel Feb 9, 2018

I think this piece is the highlight of this week's 'Private Watch Sales' forum. :D:D

MaiLollo and khmt2 like this.
  10. Frederic_gva Feb 9, 2018

agree !!!

Told you Mai Lollo to keep it... :whistling:

MaiLollo, khmt2 and Dial & Bezel like this.
  11. josephgsy Feb 9, 2018

still OHPF? the buyer better get his funds moving soon ::stirthepot::

MaiLollo likes this.
  12. MaiLollo Feb 9, 2018

Haha sorry buddy the funds arrived, and the watch left!
    I'm a bit sad, but that's how life goes. A minty 145.012-68 is on the way.
    Thanks to @Xtof for the smooth transaction!

Xtof likes this.