Forums Latest Members

FS: Black dial Vintage Longines Flagship!

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 24, 2017

I am selling a very uncommon, original black dial Flagship. As most will know, the Flagship was Longines' top manual-wind model during the 1950s and '60s, just as the Conquest topped their automatic line. These were – and remain – excellent, and beautifully designed watches. They were powered by Longines' best high-production movement during the Golden Era, the 30L. The screw-back cases were distinctive and elegant, featuring chamfered lugs. The only design weakness that I have found is that the iconic Flagship image was, on the steel versions, etched rather lightly into the case back, and typically degraded fairly significantly over time.

This particular example is in very good to excellent overall condition. It was originally invoiced to Longines' Swedish agent on August 30, 1961 (see the archive confirmation below). The unpolished case is very good, showing a few relatively minor scratches and signs of use. The aforementioned Flagship emblem is in better shape than most, though normal wear over the years has worn it down. The dial is very good, and again I stress that original black dials are difficult to find in any condition! Some of the finishing lacquer has degraded, as can be seen in the photos, but the watch presents well.

The cal. 30L movement is in excellent condition, is working well, and was serviced about one year ago.

Price: $950 (or Euro equivalent)

Please note that the watch is located with me in Lisbon, Portugal, so EU buyers need not worry about additional customs duties. I can accept bank transfers in the U.S. or EU, or Paypal. I will ship with tracking (included), or EMS express for an additional $60.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 24, 2017
  2. yako54 Sep 24, 2017

That is nice :eek: Must resist...

3. adi4 Sep 24, 2017

Wow, the black dial looks amazing on this one. Very tempted, but the gold cap version of this exact watch is serving me well so far... That movement is a beauty to look at!

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 25, 2017

One bump before offering it to a wider audience...

5. Hijak Oct 5, 2017

This is very tempting and needs to be bumped to the top!::love::

6. tmw57 Oct 6, 2017

And you really cannot find a better seller..just sayin'...