Forums Latest Members

FS: Big Bunch-0-Vintage Beauties & Skin Diver $470 Delivered

1. janice&fred Oct 28, 2020

Our crew of frantic female watch treasure hunters in the deep tropics have been busy shipping their booty stateside and here's a handful of low priced fun stuff to help beat the boredom of laying low and staying safe during this pandemic. Just think...rather than watch TV or surf the net you can be swapping around straps along with cleaning and polishing up these gems! I sidelined the two Seikos I wanted and am letting the rest of the batch go for what I'm into them for. Really. Honest. Scout's honor. (Keep in mind I barely made it to tenderfoot before being tossed out of troop 3) :D

IMG_2997.jpg

Ok first up is this 60's Belair Sea Pearl 600 17 jewel Swiss powered manual wind hot rod of a skin diver. Bought along with a couple other watches from Jun-Jun, a retired dive instructor in the seaside town of Moalboal Philippines. According to our crew, he has no recollection of how he cracked the acrylic crystal. However that's no wonder as since he retired from diving he has been running a small beer joint along the road and is known to indulge quite a bit.

Anyways the watch has suffered absolutely zero negative effects from the cracked crystal as the dial, hands and lume are all pristine and she runs great. Bezel rotates nice and snug as it should and I haven't cleaned or polished it but for sure it would look fantastic with a replaced acrylic crystal and quick clean up. Has a shallow notch cut on the case back which was probably done to open the thing decades ago for a servicing but that doesn't have any negative effect on the case back sealing as it's purely cosmetic. Whoever serviced it must have done a great job as it still winds smoothly and runs great. It's interesting as the Belair watch company of New Jersey USA is still in business and their watches even got distributed to such far flung places as these small south pacific dive towns.

IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2959.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2962.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg

Next is another watch gotten from the tipsy dive instructor. It's a Croton Aquamatic model men's all stainless automatic that is also running great. Nice clean dial and hands and screw back case made this the natural choice for a man of action like Jun-Jun to wear for socializing around town during his down time from work. The unbroken crystal is further testament that this watch probably wasn't worn by him when stumbling along the rocky shore after one too many San Miguel Pilsens.

IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg

3rd watch is a Judex Swiss made manual wind men's watch from a 2nd hand shop in barangay Santa Cruz Cebu . Runs all day and night some days then other days stops until ya shake it then she runs all day and night again so probably needs a clean and lube if one wants to use it for critical time keeping. The black dial is in great shape with no damage or corrosion. Has a nice military look to her and a great as-found survivor from these tropical islands. Would surely look great with a quick cleanup of the case and behind the lugs and a light polish of the acrylic.

IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

The 4th watch is a Wittnauer men's automatic that appears to be from the 50's? This watch came in a previous shipment from the tropics last year and I forgot all about it so here it is in this package deal. Runs super as it was cleaned and lubed by our tech in Cebu City prior to being sent here. Nice screw back stainless watch with a neat military look to her and ready for the wrist!

IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2991.jpg IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg

Next is a Lanco manual wind Swiss 17 jewel men's watch that looks great and runs great too. Nice clean dial and hands and the acrylic has a small stress crack on the right side but obviously hasn't allowed any moisture inside since it has survived the tropics just fine with no corrosion or staining. Screw back case and a reliable runner. Will clean up nicely as we never cleaned or polished the case yet. Will also throw in another nice leather strap as the one it came on is a bit worn.

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg IMG_3003.jpg

The last watch in the first group picture is a 50's-60's Gruen precision manual winder with a snazzy cool dial and hands and running fine as well. Screw back case and could use a bit of cleaning and polishing, and the crown looks to be either worn or a generic replacement but works fine. Nice size men's watch for that rough and tumble kinda guy!

IMG_2978.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg

And here's another watch that didn't make it into the crude group picture I took but is included in this hefty package deal. It's another Lanco Swiss made 17 jewel manual wind men's beauty that runs great and has a cool dial with engraved markers. Screw back case and will include a leather strap for it.

IMG_3014.jpg IMG_3017.jpg IMG_3016.jpg IMG_3015.jpg

Naturally whoever buys this awesome package deal of watches will get not one but two free additional watches included in the shipment. Before we ship I will PM a group shot of a bunch more watches and the lucky buyer can make his/her selection of which two free watches they want. Lots of fun to be had for the paltry sum of only $470 including delivery to your door anywhere in the world. If ya want this incredible deal all ya gotta do is PM me and say so. For payment we can accept personal check, money order or bank wire transfer. Better act quick as there has been a dark colored sedan parked outside the house for the past few days so I think the federales have caught on to me!

lexieb007, kip595, Zdzislaw and 25 others like this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 30, 2020

That Lanco looks a real cracker :thumbsup:

3. janice&fred Oct 30, 2020

Thanks Stuart for some reason Lanco was very popular in the south pacific as we usually come across quite a few of them.

4. janice&fred Nov 23, 2020

Was at my watchmaker's last week so I had him pop in a new acrylic crystal on the Belair Seapearl in this package deal. Hopefully this will entice some savvy buyer to grab these exotic hotties from the tropics now that this is wearable and one can actually see what time it is!

IMG_3109.jpg

But just in case...I'm gonna throw in this sweet looking men's Nicolet manual wind beauty that is running and looking great. Looks to be around 35-36mm and ready to wear.

IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

Forgive my lousy pictures as there is nothing wrong with the cross-hairs on the subdial, as the smudges are on the acrylic crystal.

Of course the deal still stands on the free additional watches in this deal so send me a PM and let's party :D

vintage hab, joska, Zdzislaw and 6 others like this.
  5. LesXL Nov 23, 2020

That Belair would do nicely for my pet watch pairing thread... Boxer Belair!! :)

janice&fred and DaveK like this.
  6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 23, 2020

A prince's watch!

joska and DaveK like this.
  7. Walrus Dec 24, 2020

Oh nice

8. kip595 Dec 24, 2020

9. Engee Dec 25, 2020

Can’t believe this lot hasn’t been snapped up. Anyone with a mind to could surely take what they wanted and make a profit on the rest by slinging them on eBay?

janice&fred likes this.
  10. Walrus Dec 25, 2020

If no one buys this from Fred soon I’m just going to figure there aren’t many smart people here and I’m taking my cats and leaving