Forums Latest Members

SOLD FS Aquastar Benthos 500 Decomp Bezel

1. simonsays Oct 17, 2019

I am selling this totally unique, as far as I know Aquastar Benthos 500. These are fabulous watches with quite a following. Unusual 1 hour timer complication started and reset with single pusher.

There are two types, the wide body with aluminium insert and the narrower body with acrylic insert. This is the narrower body/acrylic insert. This is where its uniqueness becomes apparent. It has a very attractive decompression bezel, it is a configuration that is more commonly seen on the Aquastar Deepstar, but I have seen only two examples on a wide body aluminium insert Benthos 500. I have never seen another on an acrylic bezel version.

This is a very well equipped divers watch, and has a stainless steel case with screw down back, screw down crown with logo and uni directional bezel. Dial indicating its water tight to 500m (in its day)

It is presented on its original Isofrane with Aquastar buckle.

It has come to me from the original owner and I have owned it since March 2011. It has not been serviced or worn in my ownership. He was a Divemaster in Australia and has kept it in excellent condition

The Case

The case is in excellent cosmetic condition, and has never been polished. The original brush finish is very strong and attractive. Aquastar logo screw down crown functioning well. The case back is also in excellent condition, with no marks from careless opening.

The Bezel

This unique decompression bezel is in perfect condition, one way ratcheting with a positive action

The Dial

The dial is in perfect condition, blue with very attractive original Tritium markers.

The hands

The hands are in prefect condition with original Tritium lume

The Movement

Unserviced but clean and bright and working as expected. Timekeeping not tested.

The Strap

The original Isofrane strap marked Aquastar, and with Aquastar buckle in good condition

I am asking £4750.00 inc. postage in the UK and Europe fully insured. Worldwide also possible by arrangement.

IMG_2726 2.jpg IMG_2707.jpg IMG_2709.jpg IMG_2715.jpg IMG_2718.jpg !B4sfgTgCGk~$(KGrHqV,!hEE)8CN2)D+BMq2SJO)RQ~~_3[1].jpg IMG_2714.jpg IMG_2713.jpg IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg IMG_2723.jpg
  2. simonsays Oct 20, 2019

Week end bump!